FORUMS: list search recent posts

DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Farhan Ali
DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break
on Mar 20, 2015 at 12:23:52 am

Hello everyone, I've been using Adobe Encore for the past few months without any issues. But today I decided to create Dual Layer Project for my client. Usually I would be authoring BluRay Images. But today it's something different; Dual Layer.

I was hoping it would be the same procedure but looks like it has proven to be wrong.

Not sure why but after all media assets have been encoded/transcoded and when the final part needs to take place; Burning ISO image I receive an error message: "DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break". It has been set both at "Automatic" & "Manual" yet still the same error message is displayed.

I'm using Adobe Encore CS6.

Can someone please share some light as it's really frustrating.

Thank you.

Farhan Ali

Return to posts index

James Kumorek
Re: DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:15:00 am

Do you have chapter marks in your timeline(s)? If I recall correctly, Encore picks a chapter mark at which to place the layer break.

Note that layer break support in Encore is rather random. Theoretically, it lets you pick the chapter marker at which it occurs, but I found that it usually ignores what you say and does its own thing anyway. There's lots of complaints on the web about this, and there's no simply solution if you need to be really specific on where the break occurs.

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:25:38 am

Hello James thanks for you're response, there are no chapter markers in my project, there was no need to add it.
Perhaps this is why I am receiving the error message?

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 22, 2015 at 3:53:55 pm

Hey, I don't intend to spam the forums but can someone pleas help me out here. It's really urgent, I've searched around yet still haven't been able to find any solution to my issue.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 30, 2015 at 7:01:04 pm

Ali,
haven´t been on the cow a few days, so I just saw your posting.

a DL-DVD needs a dedicated layerbreak-position, and layer1 needs to be smaller than layer0.

within encore there is no real possibility to manually set the layerbreak-position. If you have a chapter-marker within the valid layerbreak-area encore could/will set it as layerbreak-position.

DVD-layerbreak in NON seamless!

note: there are a few programms, Gear Pro for PC or DVD AfterEdit Mastering Edition for mac (works only with Mac OS <=10.6.x) which could add a dedicated layerbreak to a existing VIDEO_TS-folder for replication-master or ISO-creation.

http://www.gearsoftware.com/
http://rivergatesoftware.com/dvdafteredit

good luck

danny

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 30, 2015 at 8:52:42 pm

Hello Daniel thanks for you're response I really appreciate it, in my project file there are no chapter marks I know it sounds sill but none has been added. As the project contains numbers video segments there was no need to chapters as it would made the final outcome complicated.

On my main video, should I add chapter marks? After which Encore might be able to create .iso or VIDEO_TS folders.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 30, 2015 at 9:40:17 pm

Ali,
as I don´t know how many clips you have on your DVD, you should have a look at the sizes.

I guess your main feature might be the biggest/longest one. so you HAVE to add chapter-markers to it to keep the layer-break-position happy.

note: best way to be sure the dedicated layerbreak will be written to your physical disc, you should create an iso-file and burn this to the DVD, don´t try to burn the muxed VIDEO_TS-folder.

good luck

danny

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 30, 2015 at 10:13:50 pm
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on Mar 30, 2015 at 10:17:11 pm

Hey, the issue occurs straight after when all video files have been transcoded. As soon as it hits build stage error message is displayed.

EDIT:- I can state all videos within the project file mate along with duration if that would help in any way mate?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 31, 2015 at 8:29:37 am

Ali,
I would transcode all assets prior authoring using adobe media encoder. encore itself is an authoring-software, which has encoding-cababilities, which are usually not very good!

It might be the best way to create a new DVD-project and start from scratch. prepare your main feature with chapter-marker every 5-10 minutes (depending on your duration).

how long is your main feature?

danny

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 31, 2015 at 12:36:32 pm
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on Mar 31, 2015 at 12:38:33 pm

Daniel, I think it would be good idea to start the project from scratch. In all my projects I've been using Adobe Media Encoder for transcoding/converting video files. I agree Adobe Encore can at times cause issues when it comes to Transcoding.

I've added one video file into AME and set "Format" MPEG2-DVD. My project is based on PAL, so what would be the best "Preset" to choose:-

Now let's take about the video files. The project itself is abit complicated as it has varies videos each of which have varies duration's.

When disc is inserted into player I have set "First Play" the video is 47 seconds. After which motion menu has been placed which directs the "Audience" onto the "Main Menu".

Within the "Main Menu" there are 3 buttons.
Button 1:- Motion Menu > Main Video 01 - 30 Minutes 42 Seconds
Button 2:- Motion Menu > Main Video 02 - 1 Hour 12 Minutes 40 Seconds

Button 3:- Motion Menu > Sub-Videos >
  • Button 3.1 - Video 01 - 3 Minutes 16 Seconds

• Button 3.2 - Video 02 - 1 Minute 32 Seconds

• Button 3.3 - Video 03 - 1 Minute 55 Seconds

• Button 3.4 - Video 04 - 53 Seconds

• Button 3.5 - Video 05 - 2 Minute 5 Seconds

• Button 3.6 - Video 06 - 2 Minute 15 Seconds

• I hope you have understood my layout Daniel, sorry if it's really complicated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]