FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Menus in Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Letitia Stefanescu
DVD Menus in Encore
on Mar 9, 2015 at 9:04:21 am

Hello,

I am trying to make a DVD, but I need a bit of guidance concerning the menu structure:

I have a 115min film, in two languages (Romanian & English), each of them in 2.0 and 5.1. I prepared my assets, so in Encore I have one timeline with 4 audio tracks:
A1 - Romanian 2.0
A2 - Romanian 5.1
A3 - English 2.0
A4 - English 5.1

+ 2 Subtitle tracks.

I thought about a Main Menu with 3 buttons: "Play Movie", "Languages" and "Audio Settings". The latter two should take you to two other menus, each with 2 buttons - "Romanian" & "English" and "2.0 stereo" and "5.1 Surround".

I didn't want to link the timeline directly to the buttons, but assign different audio tracks to them, giving the viewer the option to go back to the Main Menu and pres "Play Movie" there, with the options he's already made selected.

The problem is that I can link only one audio track to each button, so, In the "Languages" menu, if the viewer choses "English" - I can assign A3 or A4. Let's say I link it to A3. Then, in the "Audio Settings" menu, I link the "5.1 Surround" button to A4. But then, if the viewer would want the Romanian 5.1 version, he can never reach it, since my "5.1 Surround" button it's linked with my 5.1 English audio track.

I thought about doing 2 timelines, one with the Romanian audio tracks and one with the English tracks. But this is not possible since I have a m2v file of almost 7GB. I'm already on a double layer, so I can not have my video twice on the disc.

I know that another option will be to have only one menu for the languages & audio settings with 4 specific buttons assigned to my 4 audio tracks, but that doesn't seem so professional.

Does anyone have another idea about what I'm doing wrong here or how can I make the best out of it?

Thanks a bunch,
Letitia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]