FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Subtitles in addition to Closed Captions in Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Isbecque
Adding Subtitles in addition to Closed Captions in Encore CS6
on Mar 5, 2015 at 5:39:50 am

I recently submitted a video to a closed captioning service (3play media) and have been able to combine the returned .scc files with my video file in premiere to have an combined output file.

HOWEVER I am trying to add both Closed Captions and Subtitles in Encore. I was able to attach the .scc file through field 1 in the caption menu, but when I add a subtitle track and try to import a new subtitle file, the program does not allow me to attach the requisite .scc file.

Is there a different manner in which I should attach the file or is there a separate file type other than .scc that I need to attach?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Adding Subtitles in addition to Closed Captions in Encore CS6
on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:37:31 pm

you need a .TXT file - specific to Encore (UTF-8) I believe if memory serves me. The caption company should easily be able to provide this file from the work already done - it should take all of 2 minutes to export the .TXT file then open and save as UTF-8

Ricky

Return to posts index

Justin Isbecque
on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:48:53 pm

I have downloaded the plain text file from the company and changed my preferences in text edit to be able to save the file as UTF-8.

However when trying to import subtitles in encore it still says "invalid line found in subtitle script" for every line in the file.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Mar 6, 2015 at 6:42:22 pm

open the .SCC file in something like notepad and see if the numbers are associated with timecode - if they are then you may need to ask for them to ripple the numbers so that the .TXT file begins with 00:00:00:00 - Encore wants to see the "file" start time as opposed to the TC.

This is a possible solution.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]