FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Pixelated Text & Images

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Johansen
Encore Pixelated Text & Images
on Feb 10, 2015 at 10:55:54 pm

Having issues building DVD menus.

I am attempting to build them at 1920x1080. I select "Blu-Ray" to achieve the correct proportions. All videos are exported at 1920x1080. I build my menus in Photoshop and I convert all text to "Smart Objects." Everything looks fine in the preview. Once I burn the disc and reload it, all text appears pixelated and the images look soft. I have tried using different methods for highlighting buttons (i.e. underlining, or opacity changes) and higher quality images yet I still get the same result. DVD also displays small on my iMac when "actual size" is selected.

Very confused here.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Encore Pixelated Text & Images
on Feb 11, 2015 at 1:50:21 am
Last Edited By Gary Milligan on Feb 11, 2015 at 1:53:23 am

What are you wanting as a final product - a Blu-ray disc or a DVD? If it's a Blu-ray, building your menus at 1920 x 1080 is correct. If you want a widescreen DVD, the menus should be built at 872 x 486. It also depends on what you are viewing the results on - the viewer window in Encore is not intended to show the finished quality.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Caleb Johansen
on Feb 11, 2015 at 1:53:22 am

I am wanting a HD DVD. What Project settings do I need if I build my menus like that?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Feb 11, 2015 at 3:06:44 am

The only HD format on disc is Blu-ray. HD DVD is a dead format. Encore can be used to author Blu-ray discs but you will also need a Blu-ray burner to actually produce the discs. Depending on the length of your video you may be able to burn a Blu-ray onto a regular DVD disc, but these can only be played in a Blu-ray player. I haven't actually done this myself so I don't know all the details as to how this is done - perhaps someone with more experience will chime in. In the meantime, a Google search may help.

Good luck.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]