FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluray and Subtitles

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James deRooy
Bluray and Subtitles
on Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51:45 pm

I'm a noob to Encore CS6, as I spend most of my time in other Adobe programs.

I've been asked to make a Bluray with CC. I've read that CC doesn't work with bluray and that Subtitles are what are to be used. I've made my menu and buttons. I've clicked on each video in their timelines and under the properties on the right, I was able to choose the SCC files in that window. When I go to preview, I don't see the subtitles, toggling the button in the preview mode doesn't change anything.

I see that another option is to right click in timelines below the audio and I can get a subtitle track in there, but it won't let me choose my SCC file there. Downloaded a converter to convert the SCC to TXT, which just gave me errors when I tried to import.

If this is indeed possible, I feel like I'm just missing a small detail and it could be very well right in front of my face this whole time.

Thanks for any help that comes in!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Bluray and Subtitles
on Jan 18, 2015 at 10:01:31 pm

Hi James,
two things:

1.) SCC-files only working with NTSC-framerates
2.) if you would like to use "real" subtitels, you need to create a FAB-file according to encore-specification.

adobe encore could implement subtitles into DVDs and BDs - forget the preview-window, especially SCC will not be displayed. if you need to see the result, just mux your BD and preview it from the muxed BD-folder using a dedicated BD-player-software.

danny

Return to posts index

James deRooy
on Jan 19, 2015 at 2:44:59 pm

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your response. I need the subtitles to be readable from a BluRay DVD with a BluRay player when subtitles are activated with the remote. The videos are 29.97. With what you've mentioned, do I need to convert my SCC files to FAB? If so, is there a (hopefully free) converter for MAC that you'd recommend?

Thanks again,

- James

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 18, 2015 at 10:07:09 pm

Hi James,
two things:

1.) SCC-files only working with NTSC-framerates
2.) if you would like to use "real" subtitels, you need to create a FAB-file according to encore-specification.

adobe encore could implement subtitles into DVDs and BDs - forget the preview-window, especially SCC will not be displayed. if you need to see the result, just mux your BD and preview it from the muxed BD-folder, use a dedicated BD-player-software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]