FORUMS: list search recent posts

What do you do when your BD-R.iso builds differently from what you have on the simulator?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duane Conder
What do you do when your BD-R.iso builds differently from what you have on the simulator?
on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:30:40 pm

I'm about to kick this Encore CS6 BD-R making machine out the window. The simulator plays the menu & functions like i want... I build the image & burn the disk and I get a menu that STARTS at the loop point and highlight groups that don't highlight. Again, this works well in simulator; works and looks like crap when i burn the built image to BD-R. I can see why disk delivery is going away. Who has time for this stupid, time sucking crap. This is the last custom menu i'm ever doing. EVER. Five days at this now and i still have no useable menu. At anyrate, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. //dc

Return to posts index

Heinrich Himmel
Re: What do you do when your BD-R.iso builds differently from what you have on the simulator?
on Nov 19, 2014 at 1:03:24 pm

I tend not to use the simulator when using encore. I've had issues with it before. At any rate, try going to the flow chart and see what your first play is set as. It should be something like: "your_main_menu:Default"

Also, do not rely on Encore to do your button navigation. It makes no sense how the auto route buttons works. It is time consuming, but do it yourself. Also, keep that part as simple as possible to prevent mistakes.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: What do you do when your BD-R.iso builds differently from what you have on the simulator?
on Nov 21, 2014 at 1:19:55 am

If you're on a MAC doing blu-rays with Encore then blu streak tracer is a must have "post-fix"
end to the work flow.

Return to posts index

Duane Conder
on Dec 1, 2014 at 2:20:48 pm

Chris- so worth the $600 price tag? Have you had issues with Encore on a Mac and this app fixed the issue? Please let me know- I just need to confirm that it is indeed a must have (because of the cost- I've purchased way too many *must-haves* in the past only to find out there other alternatives after the fact). THANKS! //dc

Return to posts index

Duane Conder
on Dec 3, 2014 at 5:13:58 pm

If you're following this and have had the same issue, I now have the downlow thanks to Robin Henson at Rivergate Software, the developer of BluStreak Tracer.

Basically after a few days of trading emails and code peeled out using BlusStreak, we've determined that when Adobe added Blu-ray functionality to Encore, it would have been a massive undertaking to write the code to have Preview run in a reliable WSIWYG mode like it does with DVD. So hence, Preview isn't reliable at all for Blu-ray in Encore. There are other issues we discovered, basically with Encore's highlight colors. Having Encore use it's Menu Color Set will pretty much screw your menu colors (although they will look right in Preview). Set Encore's menu colors all to 0 and use your own colors in your chosen menu editing app.

Okay, hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:38:35 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:40:40 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, if you do a few blu rays a year with Encore
(which by the way is one of the GREATEST blu-ray apps available for non java authoring,but
has some broken things internally) Blustreak is definitely necessary. especially
for outputting images for replication which I have done successfully.

that plus the simulator it has built in saves a lot of time as well.

I've put together some really professional looking blu-rays with them.

And ya Robin has been so helpful even when I ask the most mundane questions.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:42:58 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:43:38 pm

[Duane Conder] "Having Encore use it's Menu Color Set will pretty much screw your menu colors (although they will look right in Preview). Set Encore's menu colors all to 0 and use your own colors in your chosen menu editing app."

I have not had any issues with colors being wrong, but I always make a custom color set
for highlights within Encore. I've never used the defaults.

They will appear wrong in the tracer app, but a burned blu-ray will show them correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]