FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Assistance! (buttons, highlights)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole Miller
Encore Assistance! (buttons, highlights)
on Nov 5, 2014 at 9:21:03 pm

Okay so I am making a DVD in Encore, I have the menu made by the graphics team.

What they want is the normal black text when it is not selected and an arrow and blue colored text when it is selected/activated.

I make the layer a highlight layer (=1) so that when not selected it is perfect, black text, but when I select it, the button is filled with the highlight color menu set which is super ugly and pixilated.

What I want is for the highlight layer that I made for each button to turn on/off when the button is activated/normal.

How can I make this happen?!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Encore Assistance! (buttons, highlights)
on Nov 8, 2014 at 7:02:36 pm

Nicole,
text-highlights are a NO GO in DVD-authoring, as you can see it will look horrible.... and this will allways be that way.

this happens because highlight-overlays are 2bit only and has NO anti-aliasing.

most graphic-artists (especially web-designer) have no idea what will happen within a DVD. they are allways thinking in their nice mouse-over-effects! these things will not work in a DVD.

sorry - this is an old 80th-media! ;)

danny

Return to posts index

Tim Sutton
on Nov 17, 2014 at 11:44:06 pm

I'd echo what Dan said (highlight layers are only 2 bit, etc), but as an addition to that, it looks like your highlight layer has two colors in it. That's a big no-no, as the highlight layer can only display one color at a time.

Return to posts index

Heinrich Himmel
on Nov 19, 2014 at 1:58:50 pm

The only way you can make that look happen in DVD is by making separate menus for each highlighted button and not actually show any highlights. Basically pressing down or up on the remote would take you to a new menu:

Menu 1
>>button
button (really there is no button here)

Menu 2
>>button

Menu 3
>>button

etc...

This means that every time you navigate up and down, it will load a new menu (a pause between navigation), but this is the only way to do it to look exactly like what they want. Explain this to your client and have them decide:

>Garbled text
>Clean text and the look they want but loading every time they press up or down on the remote or
>something else that looks good and works as it should

Personally, if I had to wait 1 sec every time I pressed up or down on a remote, I would throw the DVD player out the window :P But I am very impatient with tech :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]