FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR 1280X1080 to DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Layth Shasha
DSLR 1280X1080 to DVD
on Oct 12, 2014 at 10:37:31 pm

Hi there
possible this been asked a million times, apologies for the repeat.
I have recorded 1H 50 m video on my DSLR, did all the editing, effect in adobe Premire Pro CS5.5.
what is the best way to get this into Adobe Encor Cs5 with out loosing quality.
My options are to do split the project into two sequences roughly 45 m each or less to be able to fit them on a 2 DVDs.
I am struggling with wrok Flow to see which is best to salvage as much as i can from resolution.
Encor is giving 720X576 normal DVD Pal high Quality, Can i do better please?
Should i go Dymanic Link which way better
OR
Export in Premier Pro and then import to encor
Or what do you suggest please?
Thanks
Layth

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: DSLR 1280X1080 to DVD
on Oct 13, 2014 at 7:20:30 am

Layth,
DVD can only be SD-quality. it´s an old fashioned mid 80th-media.

it could be 720x576px for PAL or 720x480px for NTSC. if you would like to have a higher resolution, you need to create a blu-ray, which could be 1920x1080 or 1280x720, and of course could handle Sd-video as well.

danny

Return to posts index

Layth Shasha
on Oct 13, 2014 at 8:11:10 pm

Thanks Danny
will it make a differnece if I do Export \Dynamic Link to Encor from Premier Pro or
Import the other way around
OR
do Export to Media from Premier Pro and change the settings there and click the queue button instead of Export?

Thank you
Layth

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 16, 2014 at 6:35:46 pm

Hi,
if you would like to have dedicated (frame-accurate) chapter-marker which you set in premiere you should use the dynamic linking with encore and transcode the video in encore.

I would advice to use AC-3-transcoding instead of WAV.

danny

Return to posts index

Layth Shasha
on Oct 16, 2014 at 11:17:16 pm

Hi
Thnak you both Daniel and Jeff
I agree on AC-3 instead of wav. specially this particular video is musical.
my frame rate is 25

regards
Layth

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 16, 2014 at 5:12:14 pm

Hi Layth,

The Dynamic Link is not recommended, you will get better control - and better results - exporting from Premiere. Use Export and choose "MPEG-2 DVD" as the format, and then choose an appropriate preset such as "PAL DVD Widescreen Progressive". You didn't say what frame rate you used, that will play a part in correct selection.

Under the VIDEO tab, Variable Bit Rate (VBR) encoding will produce better results than CBR (Constant Bit Rate). Choose VBR with 6.2 average. Might choose something like 3.0 - 6.2 - 8 for instance.

At bottom of export settings panel, check the box for "Maximum Render Quality" if you have it, don't remember if CS5.5 had that option. This helps with the downscale quality from HD to SD.

These export settings will result in two files, .m2v video and .wav audio. Open a new DVD project in Encore, then Import as Timeline, selecting both of those files together. Author and burn.

Encore should NOT transcode the video, as it will be DVD-compliant, and the audio will be transcoded to Dolby Digital AC-3 automatically.

Should look pretty good for DVD!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]