FORUMS: list search recent posts

blu ray duplicator performance?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cj Scheppers
blu ray duplicator performance?
on Oct 2, 2014 at 5:17:59 am

Hi, is this the correct department to ask this?

I authored a blu-ray disc in Encore 5.1, burned to disc using Toast 11 on a Lite-On burner, 4x no name media. Verified okay by Toast.

I built a blu-ray duplicator tower consisting of Acard 5207B controller, five Pioneer BDR-209 burners and a SATA hard drive for storage.

Loaded master blu-ray disc into hard drive of duplicator. Loaded okay. Compared okay. Prescans okay.

Using no-name 4x BD-R media, only one good disc is burned out of five, but usually no good discs out of five. Burning just two or one discs at a time does nothing for reliability, usually making bad discs.

I can try 4x or 2x speed, the burn might or might not go continuous and usually all discs verify bad.

I switched to 6x Ritek BD-R discs with the same result, producing perhaps one good disc out of ten no matter the burn speed, 2x, 4x or 6x.

The Ritek discs burn without interruption and the burn area looks great; however, they all fail verification. I tried verifying just one disc at a time and they still fail. I did a prescan on some of the discs as if I would use them as a master for duplication and the prescan kicks the disc out as defective.

I played a couple of the discs all of the way through on a Panasonic blu-ray player and the discs played okay; however, I don't like sending out discs which have some kind of verify failure.

What kind of equipment are you using? What kind of media? What speeds? What results? What is wrong?

Thanks for any comments on this.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: blu ray duplicator performance?
on Oct 2, 2014 at 5:15:25 pm

The manual for your controller says to update the firmware if you are getting a large number of burns that don't verify. Also lower the burn speed. Did you do both of those things?

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Cj Scheppers
on Oct 4, 2014 at 3:19:50 am

Thanks for the response! I tried all burning speeds possible, 2x 4x 6x.

I went to the acard website for the latest firmware which is one version newer than what I have. There is something wrong with their website because I cannot download the file, says "link not forwarded correctly." I tried downloading on a mac and a PC but neither worked. Perhaps acard will get the website working.

Another delay!

Return to posts index

Cj Scheppers
on Oct 17, 2014 at 6:07:41 pm

I contacted Acard support in the US and they acknowledged the download page wasn't working; they had it back up within a day. I downloaded the latest firmware, which was just one version newer than what I had. Now I can burn five discs at once, the burns look uniform and they all verify.

Then, another problem. The controller display would get dim and it would reboot, stopping the burn process and ruining the discs. The power supply was holding okay so I replaced the power adapter cable (IDE to SATA), the display remained bright and the burning process went uninterrupted.

I think I have 100 hours in the authoring process and duplication process; most of the time was spent overcoming the frustrations of Adobe Encore 5.1 Perhaps I'll have another project and everything will go smooth.

Thanks for your correspondence.

C.J.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]