FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Video, only Audio when DVD is Built/Burned

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig McIntyre
No Video, only Audio when DVD is Built/Burned
on Sep 30, 2014 at 5:47:15 pm

Hi everyone!

First post here, and I apologize if this has been somewhat covered in other posts, I couldn't seem to find any similar issues in this matter.

I'm new to DVD authoring, and just started using Adobe Encore CS6 over the summer. I shot a dance recital, and following some tutorials, as well as Jeff Bellune's HD2SD tutorial, made an awesome DVD that was very well received.

However, my last two DVDs have not come out working properly. I followed the same steps (DGIndex, VirtualDub, HC Encoder *Make DVD Compliant*) and imported them into Adobe Encore CS6, where the .m2v files say "Don't Transcode." They play just fine in the timelines in Encore as well.

When I build the DVD to either a folder, image, or disc, only audio plays for the video portions of the DVD. The only way to get the video to play is if I run the DVD through VLC. I tested in Windows Media Center (on Windows 8) as well as my PlayStaton 4, and the black picture with audio persists for each video element of the DVD.

Between making the DVD of the dance recital and the DVD today, I have gone through at least two complete system restores, if this is something that could possibly have made things go awry. If it helps to know, I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Return to posts index

Craig McIntyre
Re: No Video, only Audio when DVD is Built/Burned
on Oct 3, 2014 at 9:32:50 pm

So I think that this issue is actually not so much Encore related as it is HC Encoder related. Using TMPGEnc, I was able to produce an *.m2v that worked in Encore and also played in WMP and on a DVD. I've also tried AVStoDVD (which uses HCEnc) and got a working file as well. However I much rather prefer the HCGUI to those to programs as I feel as if I have much more control over the exported file. Problem is, it makes an *.m2v that only works in VLC and Encore's monitor.

I've tried versions 0.25, 0.26 beta, and 0.27 beta, and they all do the same thing. Is there some missing step or way I can attempt to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]