FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 5.0 (CS5) Blu-Ray: Audio plays in Encore preview, but not PS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashton Lewis
Encore 5.0 (CS5) Blu-Ray: Audio plays in Encore preview, but not PS3
on Sep 25, 2014 at 1:30:25 am

Hi all,

I've been working on a Blu-Ray for a short film with 2 menus, 2 subtitle tracks, and 2 audio tracks: a primary and a commentary track. I also have a "Filmmaker Interview" on the Blu-Ray, and intro and outtro animations for each menu to transition between the menus. My first menu is a Main with "Play" and "Bonus Features" linking to the film and my 2nd menu, respectively. On the 2nd menu, I have my Subtitle Eng/Span/Off buttons, a button to play the Interview, and my Commentary On/Off buttons.

The issue I'm having right now is that my commentary track, audio 2 on the main film timeline, will play when I preview the Blu-Ray within Encore, but will not play when I test it on my PS3. Unfortunately, I have no other player to test this on at the moment.

My Commentary On button is Specify Linked to land on itself with Audio 2/Subtitle No Change, and Commentary Off is Specify Linked to land on itself with Audio 1/Subtitle no change. I know there's been a suggestion by Larry Applegate before that moving to different buttons within a menu can cause problems due to Encore's programming with page numbers (or something along these lines--pardon the paraphrase) but I was a little fuzzy on the details and that post didn't seem to help this problem directly.

Things I've done:
-Made sure all of my timelines have the same number of audio and subtitle tracks
-noticed that my Audio 1 track (the film audio) is .ac3 and my Audio 2 track (the commentary audio) is .wav. Is this a problem?

-Pulled my hair out
-Searched extensively on Google and on these forums for similar issues, to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Ashton

Final note: I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a 2010 Mac Mini.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]