FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Cs6 timeline plays twice before end action works

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffs
Encore Cs6 timeline plays twice before end action works
on Sep 22, 2014 at 10:06:36 pm

This is completely baffling me. I selected my video and audio file and tell encore to create new timeline. I point my menu play button to the first chapter in this timeline. I created 8 additional chapter points I set my end action of my timeline to go back to the main menu default.

What's crazy is when i play the video from the menu button it plays through the whole timeline and at the end instead of going back to the menu as the end action tells it to, it loops back to chapter 1 of the timeline. After it plays through the second time then it finally executes the end action and goes back to the menu. what in the world could be causing this issue.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Encore Cs6 timeline plays twice before end action works
on Sep 29, 2014 at 6:07:04 pm

Hi Mike,

Rather than having the PLAY button point to Chapter 1, how about pointing to the TIMELINE for that video instead? And also, when you return to the default button, does that button happen to be the PLAY button?

I also have my share of fun debugging my own Encore projects, hope this helps!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Ron Lawson
Re: Encore Cs6 timeline plays twice before end action works
on Jul 8, 2017 at 5:31:56 pm

I was having the same problem... the menu button would activate the timeline... play it through, and then at the end play it again. Essentially, when you previewed the DVD's operation, you had to hit the "end action" twice to get the timeline to end and go back to the previous menu (as instructed in the properties of the timeline).

Solution for me: I had put "overides" in the properties of the buttons... I clicked and deleted these and the timeline playing twice ended and the end action went back to the previous menu (as instructed).

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]