FORUMS: list search recent posts

BDR - Menu Button not working on Panasonic Blu-Ray Player

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Celnick
BDR - Menu Button not working on Panasonic Blu-Ray Player
on Aug 18, 2014 at 5:43:30 pm

Hi - I just authored both BDR and DVD versions of a wedding in Encore CS6 - it's been awhile since I've burned a BDR. The projects are very similar.

When playing the BDR on my Panasonic Blu-Ray player, when pressing the MENU button on the remote I get an "operation not available" message on my screen. When I do the same thing with the DVD it goes to the menu as it should.

When I preview the BDR project in Encore before burning, and click on the menu button it works - just not on the resulting burned disc. I vaguely recall years ago hearing of a similar problem, but had not experienced it.

Any suggestions or work-arounds are appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: BDR - Menu Button not working on Panasonic Blu-Ray Player
on Aug 18, 2014 at 8:08:52 pm

Did you try the "top menu" button? That activates the menus on the Panasonic Blu-ray players I have here in the office.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpine
on Nov 2, 2015 at 3:40:25 pm

I am having this same problem on a Sharp BD Player. Same exact thing. I burned the same disc on DVD and BD. DVD menu works. BD menu does not work. We are using an iPad as the remote and there is no 'top menu' button. Are there any other solutions to this problem. Currently, I just made a chapter marker right at the end of each timeline and have the main menu appear after each timeline plays. It's not very professional explaining to everybody that the menu button doesn't work though so I'd like to remedy this if possible.

Nathan McAlpine
Commercial Producer

Return to posts index

Andrius Simutis
on Nov 3, 2015 at 7:43:18 pm

DVD and BluRay have different menu systems even though they have to share the same buttons on the remote. In DVD land, the MENU button goes to the Menu space while TOP MENU goes to the Title Menu space. In BluRay land only the TOP MENU goes to Menu space, while the MENU button activates the PopUp menu. Don't have a popup menu on there, do you? Time to make one! If you don't want to have a popup menu, I suppose you could make a simple popup menu that has an invisible auto activated button that jumps back to the main menu that you already have. I think you'd be better off with a popup though since they're actually a pretty nifty feature of the BluRay spec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]