FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using stereo and surround sound.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Ryan
Using stereo and surround sound.
on Aug 10, 2014 at 9:43:38 pm

Is there a way I can have my stereo and surround tracks in the same timeline?

The way I have it now is I have two separate timelines with the stereo in one and the surround in the other but I am over my limit for a dual layer. I know in dvd studio there is a way to have 2 audio tracks in a single timeline and then have buttons to specify with audio track to play.

Is there a way to do something like that in Encore?

Thanks
Jacob Ryan

Return to posts index

James Kumorek
Re: Using stereo and surround sound.
on Aug 11, 2014 at 9:13:34 am

Definitely - I've done that.

(Going from memory here - feel free to ask for clarification if needed.) You should be able to drag another audio asset down into the timeline and have it add a second audio track. Then, in your menus, you can create buttons that select the sound track you want played. You do this by creating a link to the specific audio track. There;s a number of approaches to this.

You could have a "Play Movie in Surround" button that links to the movie timeline and selects the audio track with the surround sound file on it. Select the button, and in the properties window, click the little arrow-head button next to the Link entry. In the popup that appears, select the Specify Link option. This gives you a window to select not only the entity to link to (in this example, the timeline) but also the audio track to play.

Note that the audio track is now changes FOR THE PROJECT, not just the timeline. So, when you select Audio Track 2 in this manor, that audio track is now the default for playing all timelines in the project until it's changed by a new selection again.

Second example: You create a submenu for Audio Setup, with a button to select stereo, and a button to select surround sound. When you select one of the two options, you want it to go back to the main menu. Have each button link to the main menu, with one selecting audio track 1, the other selecting audio track 2. Even though menus only have one audio track, this selects the default audio track to play for all timelines. If a timeline doesn't have an audio track 2, audio track 1 will play be default.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Jacob Ryan
Re: Using stereo and surround sound.
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:35:47 am

That worked great! Thank you for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]