FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replaced assets never changes disk size!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Replaced assets never changes disk size!
on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:20:48 am

What am I missing here????? This problem really won't go away. Very simply put: I replaced MPEG-2 assets in Encore CS6. The new assets were encoded at a higher bitrate which made the file larger. The repair did not affect the timeline length. I renamed the assets and brought them into Encore. Everything works perfect......but. In the "Build" pane, the project size didn't change. How could it be 19.2 gigs before and 19.2 gigs after the change in bitrate? The assets were showing 23.7 gig after the repair and upping the bitrate. My question: How do I get Encore to reflect the "new" asset file size?

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Replaced assets never changes disk size!
on Aug 7, 2014 at 5:08:23 am

When you re-encoded at a higher bitrate, did you give the MPEG file a different filename? All DVD authoring software maintains a database of asset filenames used in the current project. If you reuse the old filename on a newer version of an asset already in the project, the authoring software will not recognize the new version.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
Re: placed assets never changes disk size!
on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:23:59 pm

Yes I did rename it. Where are these files? Can I go into that database and remove the old ones?

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: placed assets never changes disk size!
on Aug 7, 2014 at 5:18:37 pm

I do not have any information on hacking Encore projects. Sorry.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]