FORUMS: list search recent posts

having sound issues when burning blu-ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Osso
having sound issues when burning blu-ray
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:56:59 pm

hey guys, first post here…. at a loss, I've searched for hours for a solution to my issue, but i just get more and more confused! hopefully someone can help me out…

I've finally started burning blu-ray for clients (wedding videography)

I've burned a couple blu-rays, the video is fine, but the audio is TERRIBLE!!

here is my workflow:

editing in fcpx
export file in h.264 … end up with .mov (audio says AAC)
take .mov file into adobe media encoder
end up with .m4v video file and .wav audio file
import both files into encore
my .m4v files are already defaulted to "do not transcode" and i do the same for the .wav files

the disc burns flawless, all my menus work, video is fine… but audio isn't usable. i test the discs on my ps3 with hdmi to tv

any suggestions? advice would be greatly appreciated! trying to learn, but feeling in over my head at this point

thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: having sound issues when burning blu-ray
on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:56:23 pm

Hi Brian,

Please define "terrible audio".

What happens when you play the .wav file by itself on the computer, how does it sound before burning to disc? Trying to figure out at which point the audio goes bad.

Any access to another Blu-ray player for testing to make sure it's not just something with the PS3? Blu-ray players are now about $60 - if you want to make Blu-rays regularly, would be worth the investment for testing if nothing else. Or maybe you have a Best Buy nearby that you can take your disc to their showroom and try? I used to do that years ago when players were still hundreds of bucks.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: having sound issues when burning blu-ray
on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:13:47 pm

Brian - are you setting audio to Do Not Transcode? The default for Blu-ray should be Dolby AC-3, try using that if you're not. In any case, audio should be 48k 16-bit stereo.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]