FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Buttons
on Jul 12, 2014 at 6:34:18 am

Not sure if this could be done but making a menu about a farm. They have the same truck since the fifties. I thought it would be fun to shrink down the truck for a button and have the headlights come on as the highlight. Is that possible using Encore CS6? Can a sound be emitted at the same time? If so, how?? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Buttons
on Jul 12, 2014 at 2:20:10 pm

In a standard menu navigation, just remember that DVD menu highlights are limited to 2 bit color. Anything fancy will get jagged. but try it like that and see what you get.

Sound, no.

Fancy versions: set the plain button version on Main Menu 1 (let's call it), to "autoactivate." When it is selected, it activates (even though the user does not click it, it activates). It is linked to Main Menu 2, with that button image with the lights on and a motion menu audio with sound. Or even better, just use a background movie in Main Menu 2 with the truck button image not in the button but in the background (it looks like it is the button) with the lights flashing on and off and the horn beeping.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Jul 12, 2014 at 6:54:50 pm

Thanks for your great advice. Super new to this and difficult as it's a friends computer. I've dragged in a project from Final Cut for the menu. I knew there had to be some work around. I had thought maybe two identical images, one with the lights off and one with them on. Somehow make the lights on the active layer when activated. Reality is, I am not schooled in layers and menus. Not yet anyway. Your idea seems easier. BTW....cute dog!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jul 12, 2014 at 7:11:31 pm

Great advice for a relative newbie would stop at "no" (you can't do it)! I see I forgot to add it: Autoactivate won't work on rollover (if viewed on a computer using the mouse to click).

Enjoy giving it a go! Let us know if it works.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:07:04 am

So you said if I figured it out, I should let you know. I did for the most part. I made a PSD image of the truck and shrunk it down button sized. I then used the "shapes" palette in PS and dragged circles off of it and played with the size and color for "lit" headlights. I positioned them over the truck's headlights and used the (=1) highlight feature in the layers area. When it came back into Encore, I created a button out of it and duplicated it for other parts of the menu. When the button was activated......headlights. I just renamed the other button duplications and pickwhipped them to their respective chapters. Done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]