FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD sound out of sycn on some playback devices only,

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Dexter
DVD sound out of sycn on some playback devices only,
on Jun 21, 2014 at 8:26:26 am

HI
I have a twenty minute long film. The client requested ten dvd copies as well as other formats.

I created the dvds and tested them on my windows desktop. They played back fine. The client has had issues when playing them back. The sound is out of sycn. I am pretty sure that it is the playback device that is at fault but I do not know what playback device she is using.

I will be re burning some copies but before I do I wondered if anyone has any suggestions to assist me. My first thought is to drop the bitrate and see if that helps? Also perhaps deliver with interlaced instead of progressive? Do the discs themselves impact on playback performance. IE cheap disks?

The footage was 25fms progressive and dropped from high def to standard def. I created a raw file from the edit and from that I used Premier to create two mpeg2 streams. I then created and ISO image and used that to burn the DVd's The iso was 25fms P and Pal standard.

To sum up I would like advice around settings to choose in Encore that would give me a DVD that is good quality but also can playback on any device.

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

We spent all the budget on doughnuts and now we have no money to make our film.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: DVD sound out of sycn on some playback devices only,
on Jun 24, 2014 at 3:09:33 pm

Hi Peter,

I found long ago that the best way to "proof" a DVD was to play it in my living room on a DVD set-top player. Computers will play anything, and will hide potential issues with DVDs that might be out of spec.

When you say you made MPEG-2 streams, did you use the correct "MPEG-2 DVD" format and an appropriate preset such as "PAL Widescreen Progressive"?

What format was the audio rendered as? The default comes out as .wav, also called PCM, and Encore will convert this to Dolby Digital if defaults are left alone.

I've seen others on the forum having issues in Encore if the audio and video are multiplexed into one file. Encore needs two separate clips.

Perhaps you can post a screen grab of the Media Encoder settings for review?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Peter Dexter
Re: DVD sound out of sycn on some playback devices only,
on Jun 24, 2014 at 6:28:28 pm

Hi Jeff
Thanks for your help.
I did export from Premiere with the "MPeg 2 dvd" and this created two streams.The video and the audio. These came into Encore with a 'don't Transcode" and "automatic" for the audio (.wav). I had 25fms progressive pal widescreen in the export options. I left the settings at default.
I don't have access to the project file at the moment but I have re burned dvd's I have transcoded the sound on this version and also put a counting leader and a ten second run in slate before the film starts. Hopefully that will give their player a little time to 'sort itself out'
I think I chose constant bitrate at 30mps for the first render to mpeg2 dvd I have used variable bitrate for the second and used the default settings in media encoder for that.
I do not own a dvd player. Maybe I should get an old one to test on. They play ok on an old laptop and my Desktop.

Cheers
Peter
Peter

We spent all the budget on doughnuts and now we have no money to make our film.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]