FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Not Being Recognized

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
I.G. Romov
Menu Not Being Recognized
on Jun 13, 2014 at 4:37:18 pm

Create a super simple Encore CS6 menu project: one button pointing to a jpg. Test it, all good. Fire up Blu-Ray disk option to create image (I don't want to waste material until I know it's good; this, of course, gives an iso), fire up GOM player to test and the menu is skipped, i.e. it acts as though it were a single play disc (looking carefully at the playback seems to show the title being played, then the menu briefly showing before stopping). Simply chage the format to dvd and again, create image. It plays as it should, i.e. stops at the menu waiting for user action. (VLC player used here as GOM supports only Blu-ray). Now the whole reason for getting into this is that the Blu-ray iso created for the real project failed in exactly this manner when played through a Patriot Box (testing again only on the TV, i.e. iso image). In other words, two entirely separate playback environments and two entirely different projects show exactly the same problem: skipping the menu and going to the main title. Windows 8.1, Adobe Encore CS6. version 6.0.2.004 . Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is obviously a project finishing killer. BTW, the exact same behavior occurs with SCS DvD Architect (which I also own) which might suggest an "environmental" issue. I quickly tried the small test project under both products under Win 7 with exactly the same result. Thus, I am also at wits end as to what else could be tried short of another authoring program.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Menu Not Being Recognized
on Jun 16, 2014 at 7:42:36 am

I guess your problem is the bad testing-surface, you use!

1.) VLC is well-known to skip menus (DVD+BD)
2.) GOM-player and VLC both are not certified BD-players
3.) same with the patriot box (as far as I could see)

you should use a CERTIFIED bd-player-software like arcsoft total media.

other point: a single BD-RE (rewriteable) and a standalone-BD-player is worth the price and necessary in any case you would like to author BDs.

danny

Return to posts index

I.G. Romov
Re: Menu Not Being Recognized
on Jun 16, 2014 at 2:58:50 pm

Yes, I spent the weekend banging around Blu-Ray and you are 100+% right on. Purchased PowerDvD (after carefully comparing it and ArcSoft) and discovered my cheapie approach was fraught with more pitfalls than I should have wasted time on. Thank you for the response; there was some unexpected outcomes in the process such as leaning of Adobe's bailing of Encore and the increased realization that streaming doesn't really care about menus...yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]