FORUMS: list search recent posts

Full HD Source but only Standard Def Timeline in Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Moore
Full HD Source but only Standard Def Timeline in Encore CS6
on May 17, 2014 at 7:41:35 pm

From Premiere Pro cc I exported a 1920 X 1080 mpeg2 file for transcoding and final prep over in Encore CS6 but I'm new to Encore and for some reason, when I start the Timeline with all my chapter markers that carried over from Premiere, it says the Timeline is set to 720 X 480 and not the same as my source video. I'm now making the dvd but it looks like it will in fact turn out standard definition and that's not what I want. This looks like a simple fix that I'm just not seeing. How do I set up my Encore timeline so it conforms to the size of my source file?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Full HD Source but only Standard Def Timeline in Encore CS6
on May 18, 2014 at 1:16:18 am

My guess is that you exported as MPEG2-DVD rather than MPEG2-Bluray. A 1920x1080 file imported to Encore will show in the project panel as 1920x1080. If you set the Encore project to DVD, the transcoded file will end up 720x480 (NTSC).

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Ron Moore
on May 18, 2014 at 1:50:47 am

In Premiere Pro cc there were three choices I believe: MPEG2, MPEG2-DVD, and Blu-Ray, and I went with MPEG2 since I don't think my burner will even support blu-ray. I know I didn't choose MPEG2-DVD so I'm wondering why Encore defaulted to 720 X 480?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 18, 2014 at 2:23:09 am

If you do not have bluray, you have to go to DVD. So you'll end up with 720x480. It is best to transcode once. So either export from PR/Adobe Media Encoder so you get a DVD legal file to Encore, or export from PR with a lossless intermediate and take that to Encore.

But Encore is not a good option for downrezzing compared to PR/AME.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Ron Moore
on May 18, 2014 at 5:29:56 am

Thanks, Stan for the info. I sure thought making a full hd dvd would be easier than it turned out to be. Guess I don't understand why an hd resolution source video wouldn't be treated as such and that Encore wouldn't allow you to output at the same quality. I'll try your Media Encoder route, though, and see how that works out. Thanks again very much for the help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 19, 2014 at 3:53:23 pm

Hi Ron,

There is no such thing as a "full hd dvd" - DVD is a specification, which for NTSC means 720x480 - always. If you want HD on the disc, then you're burning a Blu-ray disc.

As previously directed, use the "MPEG-2 DVD" output preset from Media Encoder to create the content, or "assets", for Encore. Then Encore does not need to transcode that material again, since it is already "compliant" with the DVD specification.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]