FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore transcoding batches?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Stephens
Encore transcoding batches?
on May 13, 2014 at 6:21:14 pm

Is there a way to do the transcoding for a few DVDs in a batch overnight?
I am burning DVD masters of some 2 hour programs and its taking 5-6 hours of encoding.
I have 3 more to do and I'd like to run them over night. I have to do an dynamic link from
Premer so i can keep the chapter markers. If I export with media encoder it loses them when I make the DVD in Encore. It appears to be making a transcoded copy in a folder when I make a DVD so you can burn another copy later. I need may computer during the day to do more editing and it slows things down a bit running in the background. besides I can only have one in there at a time.

Alan Stephens

Mac Book Pro 2.6, quad i7, 8 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, OS X Lion 10.7.5
Thunderbolt Promise raid drive

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Encore transcoding batches?
on May 13, 2014 at 8:56:04 pm

No. You can only transcode one project at a time.

But chapter markers should come with a transcode from AME or Premiere. The method of setting markers has changed over versions.

For PR CS6 to EN CS6, I set an Encore marker in the PR sequence. Make sure you keep the xmpses extension file with the m2v file.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Alan Stephens
on May 14, 2014 at 9:18:04 pm

I did a test and that seems to work.
So you just need the xmp in the project folder with the ncor and xmp?

Thanks

Alan Stephens

Mac Book Pro 2.6, quad i7, 8 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, OS X Lion 10.7.5
Thunderbolt Promise raid drive

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 15, 2014 at 3:07:46 am

No, you need the .xmpses file in the same folder as the .m2v you are importing. But this happens automatically if you don't move anything.

For example, if you export video.m2v from PR or AME to the folder "asset files," that export will also create the file video.xmpses in that same folder. When you import to Encore, it a) does not move video.m2v, just accesses it there, and b) reads the xmpses file in that folder.

Encore only creates transcode files in its own folder structure if you transcode in Encore.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]