FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD to SD info needed

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Rehm
HD to SD info needed
on May 6, 2014 at 1:03:57 am

hello,
I have been using the HD2SD method that people like Jeff Bellune and Jon Geddes promote and explain. I have had great results.

I have been using CS5.5 until recently and only ever did at the max a 45 minute DVD. Now I'm using CS6 and I have a longer disc to burn.

Here is the order of workflow I use:
1. Export an I-Frame MPEG2 of my timeline from Premiere.
2. Index the file with DGindex
3. use Notepad to make my script
4. use VirtuaDub to make my final Lagarith AVI file export mpeg2-dvd file (which I can take into Encore).

My question/inquiry:
When I get my final Lagarith mgep2-DVD files and take them into Encore - like I'm ready to do now - I have just under 2 hours of footage - the Disc Info bar is full in Encore and seems to be over the limit.

I was able to burn a copy anyway - but my question is - Is there any specific settings I want when setting up Encore before I import these final Lagarith files into Encore? I've just been opening up Encore, naming the project, importing the final files, and linking them all together with the menu and burn it.

Am I doing extra encoding (in Encore) that may be decrease quality?

Also - how do I fit more than the 2 hours on a disc using this method? I seem to remember Jeff Pulera having great knowledge in this department.

I'm aware of HCEncoder but don't know how to use it. I heard it does a great job.

My footage is 720p 23.976.

Again I use CS6 on a pc - Windows 7 Professional.

I appreciate any help with this matter.
Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: HD to SD info needed
on May 6, 2014 at 2:40:45 pm

Hi David,

Definitely download and use HC Encoder, results are far superior to Adobe for longer videos. I commonly encode stage events that are 2.5 hours or more and they come out beautiful! Is also a VERY FAST encoder.

Once you've created the Lagarith SD .avi file, simply create the following script in Notepad -

avisource("filename.avi")

Save that as a .avs file, in same folder as the .avi file resides

Open HC Encoder and Import via the text file.

If you want to PM me, I can get you some more info for specific settings for HC Encoder when I'm at the home studio. Most settings can be left alone, only a couple that really need changing (bitrate of course for one, according to program length).

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on May 7, 2014 at 12:50:41 am

Hi Jeff,
Thanks a million for your help. I've downloaded HC Encoder 025
from their site http://hank315.nl

There seems to be 3 program files (??)
2 that say HCEnc
1 that says HCgui (This has many tabs across the top)

Again I appreciate the help but I have only 1 question for now:
How do I PM you? Through this site?
I'm sorry (lol) but I'm oblivious to most social media stuff. I still have never been on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 7, 2014 at 2:14:09 pm

Hi David,

Hmmm, I think now there is NOT a "PM" feature on this board, which is "Private Message". Most boards have them, but I'm not finding it, sorry.

Use the GUI version, that provides a Graphic User Interface to work with. I know that all the options/settings will look overwhelming at first, but really only a few need adjusting, and if you put the mouse on each one, it shows down below what that thing will do.

You can contact me at jeffp at sharbor dot com

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]