FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making an arrow stand out?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Thomas
Making an arrow stand out?
on May 4, 2014 at 12:44:12 pm

I'm using the Nova Submenu and I have a short video running in the background instead of just having the background static. All works just great but I'd love to make that little arrow (pointing at the 'active' chapter point) really stand out. Maybe make it bright red...? How would I do this? It's black at the moment (and white depending on the original background) so where do I find the arrow colour picker? Many thanks in advance!

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 17". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Jeremy Mohune
Re: Making an arrow stand out?
on May 4, 2014 at 7:50:57 pm

What you have to do is to deal with the "menu color set". You'll find some information on how to use it using the following link :
  • About color sets for menus

• Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
    on May 5, 2014 at 7:47:33 am

Many thanks Jeremy - very useful link.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
    on May 19, 2014 at 2:58:26 pm

Just to let you know what I ended up doing: Encore has a wealth of menu templates, buttons and everything else that a DVD producer could possibly need. I've been concentrating too much on video editing (Premiere Pro and now FCPX) and not delved into the endless possibilities available already within Encore by simply mixing and matching. Now I'm taking a template, mixing up different button styles depending on their functions and then adding video and my own soundtrack to run discretely (or otherwise) in the background. It's a very versatile product without my having to go too deep into it :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]