FORUMS: list search recent posts

Current CC subscriber, Encore CS6 asking for serial number

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex Polanis
Current CC subscriber, Encore CS6 asking for serial number
on Mar 6, 2014 at 2:57:33 am

I am a long time and current CC subscriber. Yesterday, Encore CS6 worked. Today, when i click to open Encore and the program prompts me to enter a serial number or "quit". There is no other option.

All my other apps are current and work: Ae, Pr, Ps, Mu, Ai, Au, ect, ect. All but Encore.....

Any CC subscriber knows that our subscription doesn't come with a serial number. So I am left wondering why my program worked yesterday and today it doedsn't work. Mind you, nothing has changed between the the time i left my computer to the time i returned. No updates, no new installs, n o t h i n g.

So I follow my first instinct to search google and bing and I find that this appears to be a common problem with no soultions short of re-writing and deleting all kinds of crazy files that honestly just look unscrupulous and only meant to really screw things up worse for the person having the problem.

So, next I follow the walkthrough at adobe's link here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html It didn't help me because it doesn't address the problem. All my other apps work so obviously my address, email, and payment options are up to date.

Next, I click live chat at 6:00pm pst and I am bounced from one guy to the next until at 7pm pst i get the message... "Sorry to hear that your application will not work. Please contact the more experienced tech team later as they are offline." WHAT?!?!?! No solution, just, "Your problem happend at an inconvenient time for adobe so come back later." And no mention of when that time will be. THAT is NOT CUSTOMER Service. This so not cool, moral, or right in any universe. Just leave me hanging. I can not put in to words how upset I am right now. Adobe has really let me down.

When my clients have problems, I deal with it right then and there and I don't leave until it's fixed and done. I may jump ship on this one.

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
Re: Current CC subscriber, Encore CS6 asking for serial number
on Apr 23, 2014 at 5:36:48 pm

I have the same issue. Encore CS6 is asking for a Serial Number. Did you ever resolve your issue? If so can you share how you fixed the issue.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.

Greg Jones
Orlando,Fl.
http://www.d7-inc.com

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on Apr 23, 2014 at 5:41:14 pm

Greg,

An Adobe tech helped me resolve this issue. Please follow these steps:

The tech had me open Pre Pro CC and go to "help" and click "sign-out". When you do that a pop-up appears saying that: signing out will deactivate the following software on this computer unless you sign in again; following with the icon for each Adobe CC app i have installed.

Next the tech had me open Pre Pro CS6, which upon opening askes you to sign in which I did. Once Pre Pro CS6 was open, The tech had me check under "help" to see if the the option "deactivate" was available or greyed out. For me, It was greyed out.

Next the tech had me close Pre Pro CS6 and open it again and check "help" to see if deactivate was still greyed out; and it was still greyed out.

Next the tech had me close Pre Pro CS6 and open Pre Pro CC which prompts you to sign in. After Pre Pro CC launched the tech had me close it and open Pre Pro CS6 again too check under the "help" tab again and confirm if "deactivate" was still greyed out or black (executable). This time "deactivate" was black.

Next the tech had me launch Encore CS6 tto see if it still required a serial number. This time Ecore opened as it should, without requiring a serial number.

I hope this helps you.

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
on Apr 23, 2014 at 5:55:43 pm

That did the trick. Thanks for Sharing! That just saved me a bunch of time.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.

Greg Jones
Orlando,Fl.
http://www.d7-inc.com

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on Apr 23, 2014 at 6:00:31 pm

I am glad I could help. I know what you mean; these little problems cost so much time.

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]