FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on creating presentation including slides and video

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mai Fran
Need advice on creating presentation including slides and video
on Feb 15, 2014 at 11:07:57 pm

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right forum, else correct me or move it.
Here's my question.

I need to improve presentations which are shown in a small theatre, beamer on large screen. Very old slow PC a DVD player and a switch device.

Currently the shows start with a looping powerpoint slideshow welcoming the visitors.
When the presentation starts, they switch over to the DVD player to show a short intro video. In the mean time they open another powerpoint file on PC, F5 it to full screen and after the DVD video is ready they switch back to PC to show the powerpoint file on the screen.
As somebody is presenting they manually go to the next slide. They insert the next DVD and when the presentation is done, they switch back to DVD to show the long video.

I's an unnecessary complex procedure executed by non technical people. Video's and powerpoints are old.

I was first thinking of doing the entire presentation in powerpoint and link the HD video's. No more DVD stuff with huge video quality loss...

But... Because i need the first couple of slides to loop (when people are entering the theatre) and after that i need a linear presentation i cannot make it work in 1 powerpoint file. I need a second one, but i cannot open the next one without showing the desktop and mouse on the screen.

Anyway, now I'm thinking of using Adobe Encore to make the entire presentation, including buttons to navigate to the video's. I intent to make a disk image for blue ray, buy a quick multimedia laptop and put the blue ray image on the desktop.
Then they just have to double click the image and navigate through the presentation using the arrow keys. No mouse, no desktop...

An I thinking in the right direction? Or are there better ways?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards Mai Fran

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]