FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Motion Menus in Encore - Photoshop File Error -1

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Miller
Rendering Motion Menus in Encore - Photoshop File Error -1
on Jan 30, 2014 at 3:13:50 pm

I recently upgraded to Mavericks. I'm afraid that's the answer on how to fix this problem.

Everything is working fine, except when I try to render a motion menu.

I found that if I delete ALL the buttons, it'll work, but when I try to put a new button, the program will crash.

BRAND new install of Mavericks and CS5.5

I put together a quick screen capture to show the problem:

I'd love some help on this!

Thanks!
-Ben

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Rendering Motion Menus in Encore - Photoshop File Error -1
on Feb 1, 2014 at 9:39:49 am

Ben,
first of all - there´s something weard with your project.

I´ve seen 100GB BD-ROM-content, while you not selected any BD-ROM-content. the disc is MORE than full. that might be the first issue.

2ndly to use WAV-audio is no good choice, well it works better with BD but it is a big mess with DVD. 95% of all DVD-player-issues I´ve ever seen came from uncompressed PCM-audio.

your menu seams to be ok, so far as your screen-grab showed, but in detail this could only be verified when looking at it in detail.

teamviewer would be a good way to do so.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Robert Muhammad
on Mar 30, 2015 at 4:33:55 am

Ben, Did you ever find a fix for this problem? I am running Encore 5.1 in Yosemite and getting the same "photoshop file error -1" when I try to burn a DVD with a motion menu. When I use the same .psd file to make a static menu, I dont get the error.

Return to posts index

Robert Muhammad
on Mar 30, 2015 at 4:53:08 am

OK, problem solved!

For some reason, in Mavericks & Yosemite (God bless Apple!), you have to rasterize type layers in your menus in Photoshop before creating a motion menu with them in Encore. I found the answer in the following post:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/873099

I'm Transcoding now. Hopefully it will complete and burn successfully. If any problems, I'll follow up this post with another. Otherwise, Problem solved :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]