Momentary freeze playing 2 sequential files in timeline? how do I fix it

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Laurie
Momentary freeze playing 2 sequential files in timeline? how do I fix it
on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:29:58 am

Hi,

Novice question.
I shot a dance studio recital for my wife (first mistake ;)) with a Sony model: HDRCX430V. I just took the mts files and dragged them onto my mac. I imported as assets to Encore CS6. When placed sequentially in timeline and played or scrubbed there is a ~1 sec video freeze at the junctions of the sequential files. Why?
I tried using Brorsoft Mts Converter first to make mp4 and the same thing happens.
Why does it happen? What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it/prevent it in the future.

Thanks
Jack

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Momentary freeze playing 2 sequential files in timeline? how do I fix it
on Jan 15, 2014 at 4:21:04 pm

Hi Jack,

Could be a couple of things going on. First, not a good idea to butt clips together in Encore. I would suggest a different workflow altogether.

Import the clips into Premiere, and be sure to use the Media Browser function for that. Copy ALL folders from SD card to hard drive, not just video clips, then use Media Browser import. With longer camera recordings that create spanned clips across several files, those can have missing frames in between clips when put together on the timeline if using standard Import. Using the Media Browser import should join them cleanly.

Once the clips are cleanly assembled on the timeline in Premiere, you need to get that material over to Encore. If you have Dynamic Link, you can use that, otherwise Export using Media Encoder and use an "MPEG-2 DVD" preset. Import the results into Encore.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jan 15, 2014 at 5:24:55 pm

[Jeff Pulera] "Export using Media Encoder and use an "MPEG-2 DVD" preset. Import the results into Encore."

If he's making a blu-ray shouldn't it be "mpeg-2 Blu-Ray" preset?

also Jack, as an option TMPGenc authoring works supports creating
a blu-ray from .mts files without re-encoding them. They have a 30 day fully functional demo last I checked.

it could be as easy as importing the files and hitting the go button without
any re-encoding.

I've used it a few times and it worked well.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 15, 2014 at 5:29:15 pm

Chris, you're correct, if making Blu-ray then choose the appropriate MPEG-2 or H.264 Blu-ray encoding preset, but Jack didn't say he was making a Blu-ray so DVD was assumed.

Thanks for the tip on TMPGenc

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]