FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using still images for video thumbs via poster frames

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Aldridge
Using still images for video thumbs via poster frames
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:00:36 am

Any reason this won't work......

drop still images on the timeline, set poster frame points for each chapter in an image of your choice, and you get a still image in your video thumbnail and a functional menu button - to avoid having the images play at the end of the timeline without play lists and all that I put the images in front of the time line with the end action of the timeline set to go to the main menu. Images are used for thumbs and hidden from the general DVD

I Know I could monkey around with the menu in photoshop, but I have to make the still images regardless and this is real easy.

I do not have animate button on... if I did I think I would have to set my images up for 30 plus seconds to cover the menu loop of 30 seconds.. this should work??? but with no animation buttons the images are static and they conform to the video button layout and everything... Hopefully I didn't reinvent the wheel here. Hopefully there isn't a major problem either, hence the post... anything I am missing here?

CC complete plan. I7 2600 16g ram SSD GTX 460

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Using still images for video thumbs via poster frames
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:30:32 am

> this is real easy.

How can anything be easier than taking that image and scaling to a thumbnail location in photoshop?

Are you talking about adding an image in the Encore timeline?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

David Aldridge
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:39:40 am

yes - adding images to timeline in encore.

working in photoshop, with buttons is not something I am super knowledgeable... getting the still square/rectangular image to mask behind a non square button, without messing up button functions, having the image be the bottom layer in the button sequence, something I read somewhere else ... I don't know all the button rules and regulations in photoshop. In Encore I drop the photos on the timeline, set the poster frame points and they work, or so I think.

since I posted i am testing an my timeline works in all regards but the audio doesn't play... so is it a poster frame point, or an Encore preview quirck, which I have heard is common.... without rendering to disc.... to find out.. sucks.

i agree to a phototshop button person editing buttons would be easy

Return to posts index

David Aldridge
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:58:44 am

I just tested.... if I set this up and "preview from here" the menu I am testing, the menu and timeline works as expected.... as soon i render current motion menu or slide show however, from within the preview mode, which you have to do to see animations..... but I don't have to do because I am not animating.... but I do it anyway, i lose the main timeline audio in preview. The menu audio works, its the main footage audio that drops off.

my quirky image button technique or encore preview quirk?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jan 7, 2014 at 4:26:02 am

Audio should work in preview, but, yes, you really don't know what you have till you test a disk/image build.

You are creating audio gaps in the timeline by adding stills in the same timeline. This can affect audio and other issues.

While you can add multiple items to Encore timelines, it increases the risk of problems.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]