FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resume Button in Blu-Ray Project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johannes Furrer
Resume Button in Blu-Ray Project
on Dec 20, 2013 at 8:25:03 pm

Hey guys,

I have a blu-ray project with two menus. One is a main menu, the other one an options menu. In the Options menu you can choose different audio tracks or turn subtitles on or off. In the options menu I also have a button that is set to resume.
I know that there may be issues with a resume button, if no timeline has been played. But even when I play my main timeline, then go to the options menu, choose a different audio or subtitle track and the hit the resume button, the disc just crashes. Or stops, or something. I'm back at my blu-ray players main menu.
Now in a DVD Project that is, apart from different footage, completely identical to the blu-ray project, the resume button work's flawlessly.

What am I missing? Don't resume buttons work in blu-ray projects? I can hardly imagine that.
I even tried different blu-ray players...

Thanks for you help in advance!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: sume Button in Blu-Ray Project
on Dec 21, 2013 at 4:45:53 pm

Blu ray has a completely different programming structure then DVD ,which Encore sets up behind the scenes. It's quite limiting in Encore so this isn't possible I'm afraid :)

Return to posts index

Johannes Furrer
on Dec 22, 2013 at 12:52:57 am

That's really weird, because when I simulate the blu-ray disc, the resume button seems to work. But when I try it with the physical blu-ray disc, the player stops...

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 22, 2013 at 4:40:57 pm

The simulate tool is just to help in authoring. It's not an emulator

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Dec 23, 2013 at 12:23:10 am

Johannes,
encore is a big mess, if you need to have additonal features, also only 5!! subpages would be available within a BD-menu, while spec-limitation is the player-buffer of 16MB for HDMV.

do not believe encores preview-function - it´s more a "could be"-preview.

if you would like to add some more functions to your disc you need to learn (re-)authoring with spec-level-tools.

they are available mostly for PC, but a few also for mac.

you might have a look at the doom9-forum for further information.

happy x-mas

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]