FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 Custom transition issues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Schmidt
CS5 Custom transition issues
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:19:34 pm

Hi all,

Working with Encore CS5. Regular DVD, not Blu Ray. I've created a one second button transition between the chapter button and the Main Menu button using After Effects. When I preview them, they work "ok" as the preview function is less than perfect. When I burn a folder and try they work fine in Cyberlink Power DVD. When I burn a DVD it stops hald way, skps to it's targer (Chapter, Menu). Just does not work! But whe I play the DVD back in the computer using Cyberlink Power DVD it works fine. Why? I have to have this thing out today for a client and am just going to get rid of the transitions and make a boring DVD I suppose. Not what I expect form an Adobe product.

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
Encore CS5

Transition is a QT H264

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: CS5 Custom transition issues
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:50:05 pm

Have you tried rendering your transition out as an .avi file?
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Todd Schmidt
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:51:49 pm

No, any recommended settings? I was going to render it out already trans-coded to an m2v but I have audio in it.

Return to posts index

Todd Schmidt
on Dec 16, 2013 at 5:12:56 pm

I tried an avi and it did the same thing. Plays half, then skip right to the target. I have audio in the file. Does that have anything to do with it? Not sure why it would.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Dec 16, 2013 at 5:14:37 pm

In AE I just use uncompressed .avi(of course, making sure your comp size is correct) and then import it into Encore as asset. Then when you build the DVD, Encore converts it to MPEG2.

You may have to redo the whole project with a different file name, but you might also get away with just using the replace footage function in the project window (use different file name for your .avi transition).
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Dec 17, 2013 at 1:06:53 pm

After re-reading your original post, I'm not sure what you're doing going from "chapter button" to Menu button.
If you want to go from the Play All-Scene Select menu to the Scene Select menu, then you select the scene select buton and add the transition and make sure the button targets the Scene Select menu.
Using CS5, I've had that work many times without problems and no problems with sound in the transistion.

The other thing I do is burn a DVD folder with Encore and use Imgburn to make the DVD.

If there's someway to attatch a screen capture of the flowchart it might be helpful.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 20, 2013 at 6:57:24 pm

Have you tried playing the burned disc in more than one player? Unfortunately, not all players are created equal and you have no control over that. If you try 4 different players and it works in 3 of the 4 then it's most likely the players fault.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]