FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Copy protected not supported"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
"Copy protected not supported"
on Dec 12, 2013 at 8:34:02 pm

I have used Encore successfully for years. With my most recent project I decided to try to add copy protection for my product. I'm using Encore CS6. I select "No copies allowed" and select CSS "on." However i receive the message "copy protection is not supported for this output option." I'm outputting directly to disc and then duplicating my own copies with a DVD duplicator.

To answer my own question, which I reluctantly dare to do with this forum (!), is the message by Encore prompted by my selection of the output option "Build - Disc?" With my workflow, any suggestions on
how to add copy protection to my DVD copies? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: "Copy protected not supported"
on Dec 12, 2013 at 8:56:47 pm

Keith,

CSS copy protection is only for replicated DVDs. It is added during the glass mastering process by the replicator. CSS does nothing for burned DVD-R discs, since it requires the DVD to be formatted using 2054-bit sectors instead of the 2048-bit sectors used on burned DVDs.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:08:14 pm

Since i duplicate my own discs any suggestions how I can prevent them from being copied? I'm checking into settings with my duplicator right now. Other than that, any ideas? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:55:54 pm

Hi Keith,

Bottom line, there is no way to copy-protect your own DVDs, and it's pointless anyway as any 10-year-old using free software can copy any DVD in a few minutes. Put warnings/copyright notices on the package, disc, the video itself as a deterrent, that's all you can do really.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 13, 2013 at 4:23:47 pm

Besides, if your work is so in demand that pirating is hurting your pocketbook......you'd already be a millionaire :)

Only the studios worry about such things.

There's a saying.....if it can be encrypted, it can be decrypted. Very easily in dvd's case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]