FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Navigation not working correctly.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Rutland
DVD Navigation not working correctly.
on Nov 24, 2013 at 5:33:55 am

Hi,

I'm trying to create DVD menus in Encore 5 for my production and it's going pretty well apart from a couple of things.

I have 4 chapters in total. When I have created all the links for the chapters on the "PAL_Film Submenu", they all seem to run ok except I've tested out the disk on the DVD player and I can navigate from chapter one through the others up to chapter 4, without a problem, but I can't select the "main menu" button at the bottom of the page to take me back to the "PAL_Film Menu". Any suggestions?

Also, I wanted to set up the production so that when it is playing through a chapter, and you press "stop" on the DVD remote control it defaults back to the "PAL_Film Menu" page. I thought I had set it up but it just goes to a grey screen on the TV. I'm sure it's just a simple link I'm missing out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bruce

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: DVD Navigation not working correctly.
on Nov 24, 2013 at 11:03:40 am

Bruce,
as we couldn´t see your menu, and especially your menu-PSD-file, all we could do is look into the silver ball....

according to your "stop"-feature... this wont work. if you hit the stop-button on your remote-control the player will stop playing. if you would like to go back to your main/top menu you must setup your topmenu-button to go where you want.

if a player will be stopped by pressing the "stop"-button on the remote-control once, there are still some resume-values in the players RAM, if you hit the play-button afterwards it will start playing where it was been before.

if you hit the stop-button twice - it will be the same as if you put a new disc into the player.

that´s all DVD-spec.

danny

Return to posts index

Bruce Rutland
on Nov 24, 2013 at 1:46:19 pm

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I've taken on board what you said and I have attached a photo to illustrate the problem.

As you can see there are 4 chapters and I can use the keypad on the DVD remote to navigate to each one of them. But it won't let me navigate down to the "main menu" button and so I can't go back from the sub menu to the main menu and "play" the video production from the start.

It's got to be something extremely simple that I've overlooked... Hopefully you can help. Cheers, Bruce

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 24, 2013 at 1:53:45 pm

Bruce,
you need to create a manual routing within encore - turn off auto-routing and change it for your buttons.

Return to posts index

Bruce Rutland
on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:50:34 am

Thanks Danny,

I'll have a look into that and hopefully it will resolve my issues - will report back! Cheers, Bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]