FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore 5.1 freezing with Mavericks

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Locke
Encore 5.1 freezing with Mavericks
on Nov 11, 2013 at 1:12:20 pm

Need to make one-off BDs for an indie feature starting the festival circuit. Using CS 5.5 on Mavericks, I've had no problems with Premier or AE.

When launching Encore (5.1), it prompts for the project: if new project (incl. untitled), you type in the name, enter, and the spinning beach ball of death never goes away (force quit). Looking in Encore's folder, it makes the .ncor file, but freezes the app. If you choose an existing project, it loads ready to work. But I command tab into a tutorial, and when I try to tab back it won't, and the curser is the beach ball again.

So I uninstalled it. Do I really have to download all of CS 5.5 again to get it back, just to see if I had a corrupted copy? Already trashed preferences with Preference Manager, still don't know it will work reinstalled. Bug reported to Adobe. Blu Ray burner remains unused...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: Encore 5.1 freezing with Mavericks
on Nov 14, 2013 at 5:26:10 am

Yeah so,

I can venture to say Encore (5.1/CS 5.5) has issues with Mavericks. AE and Premier are fine, Encore locks up as before (even after a full uninstall/reinstall). Neither opening the program, or using dynamic link stops this from happening. Gonna tack this up to the 5.1 version (and 32 bit) no longer supported since the CS6 version went 64 bit. Upgrade or die...

Return to posts index

Greg Lynch Jr.
Re: Encore 5.1 freezing with Mavericks
on Nov 20, 2013 at 5:24:23 pm

I'm having the same problem with CS5 Encore. Looking into the abyss of upgrading to Creative Cloud.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]