FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quality loss from Premiere to Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ashley baron
Quality loss from Premiere to Encore
on Nov 10, 2013 at 6:20:25 pm

Hello,

I am working on a project in Premiere with these settings. The project consists of a PowerPoint presentation that was created into a video file. In premiere I inserted AVCHD video clips over the parts of the presentation that required video parts. I am trying to create a DVD of this project and no matter what I do, the quality (mainly the text on the PowerPoint slides) has a good amount of quality loss...

I've tried using the dynamic link straight to Encore, but the quality almost seems the worst doing this.

I've tried MPEG-2 settings. The quality is a little better, but still not crisp like in Premiere. I even increased the 2.8 bit rate all the way and the text still is not clear...

It looks perfectly fine in Premiere and even when I export it as a QuickTime format with full quality, it looks great. But as soon as I bring the .mov into Encore it looks terrible... I tried DVD and Blu-Ray

I don't know what else to do! Help!

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Quality loss from Premiere to Encore
on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:38:30 pm

Try Bitrate Settings
Bitrate Encoding: CBR (constant bit rate)
Bitrate (Mbps): 6

See if that helps.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

ashley baron
on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:08:48 pm

I already did and it's still not crisp... It look fine when I first bring it into Encore, but it's somewhere in the transcode settings that is goes bad because as soon as it does, it gets worse. Is there anything else I can do in these settings? I just don't understand why it looks great in Premiere but I can't get it to look right in Encore no matter what I try....

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:41:56 pm

Part of the problem may be in the rescaling of the image. Your original is 960x720 and the output is 720x480. It may be adding distortion.

In Premiere copy and paste your timeline into a new timeline that is 720x480. You may have to make some adjustments to your individual images and graphics.

Remember that MPEG compression for DVD is not by nature graphics friendly. You will see some degradation and artifacts.

Return to posts index

ashley baron
on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:50:57 pm

That was actually one of the first things I tried was copying the timeline to a 720*480 in Premiere and it looked bad before I could even scale down or anything... I thought going from a larger frame size to a smaller it would look better, but in fact looked worse...

If I export the 960*720 timeline as a HQ QuickTime format, the finished product looks great, but as soon as it goes into Encore it looks worse than the MPEG-DVD file that doesn't look that crisp even before Encore...

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:15:06 pm

The problem lies in the downscaling. All the popular editors cannot produce professional results when downscaling HD footage to SD - which in this day and age is puzzling and mindboggling.

Check out these two articles and you will learn the process. It's all free programs available on the internet.
http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2009/07/hd-to-sd-dvd-best-methods/

http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2010/10/hd-to-sd-dvd-cs5-revisited/

The process looks intimidating and very involved but it's not that bad once you do it a couple of times. In the long run it will save you lots of time in your renders.

Hope this helps,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]