FORUMS: list search recent posts

cs 6 blu-ray with sub menus, only go back to main menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Borjis
cs 6 blu-ray with sub menus, only go back to main menu
on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:38:17 am

I have burned a blu-ray with a main menu then sub menus: audio setup, chapters, extras.
(note: they are regular menus NOT pop-up menus and I would rather not do pop-up menus at this time)

when I am playing any of the sub menu content (trailer or making of or picking a chapter button from the chapter menu etc...) and press the menu button on the Blu-Ray player while it plays that content, it goes to the main menu instead of the sub menu.

I checked it in the simulator and it was working perfectly....just as I would expect it to.

each sub menu item (a trailer or making of featurette for example) is set to go back to the sub menu and it's button when done playing...and it does.

It just refuses to do that when the menu button on a blu-ray player is used and instead goes to the main menu.

I ran the link checker before building the folders and burning it...no conflicts found.

This seems to be an issue with Encore in general.

Can Encore simply not create a proper blu-ray disc with sub-menu's you can
return to when the menu button on a remote is pressed?

Do I have to buy BluStreak in order to correct these rather obvious navigation errors?

Return to posts index

Adam Harris
Re: cs 6 blu-ray with sub menus, only go back to main menu
on Nov 12, 2013 at 12:02:16 pm

I have a similar problem too. I want the menu button to go to my scenes menu when it is pressed in the film, remembering if subs are on or off. It isn't possible in Encore as it is.

I have been advised that maybe setting a popup being associated with a timeline is the way to go but if I do this, I will have to have several timelines of the same video which will bump the size of the BD considerably.

I too have looked at Blustreak Tracer but have had no response from the makers AT ALL!

This does not fill me with confidence if I were to lay down the necessary $600 to buy all of their software.

Are they even still in business? Not helpful at all.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: cs 6 blu-ray with sub menus, only go back to main menu
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:49:11 pm

I finished this project. as it turns out, multi-page pop up menus
are the way to go when doing blu-rays.

To answer your question, yes you can enable the sub-titles while
the movie plays.

you select the sub-title button, then it's properties, click specify link.
choose the sub-title button, then only switch the sub-title (lower right)
to the one you want.

It will then enable the sub titles while the movie plays and should
remember it from then on.

I had needed that as well for my project, but instead of sub-titles, it
was for switching to audio commentary.

blue streak is still in business and quickly answer emails.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]