FORUMS: list search recent posts

Functional content vs. Encore functional content CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Functional content vs. Encore functional content CS6
on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:42:58 pm

CS6 windows install at home. I must have loaded an older functional content version, as compared to an install I just did at work, where I loaded the 2.7G Encore functional content... I see fewer menus, buttons, etc At Home vs. the new install I just did at work....

Encore Functional Content: http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html

My Question is : Seeing that the Newer Encore Functional Content indicates you just drop the directories into C: Program Files- Adobe- Encore CS6.... How does that effect the older content?

If I replace the existing folders with the newer Functional Content Directories.... Will the older DVD Menu & parts be in the newer Functional Content?

And.... If I replace those directories will anything affect existing sessions by overwriting the older menu & Parts with the newer... ??

I believe I've caught this once before a couple versions ago, but it was before I had any amount of projects stored using older menus & parts....

Thanks for any comments...

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Functional content vs. Encore functional content CS6
on Oct 11, 2013 at 4:43:09 pm

I analyzed the two different installs, and there is nothing of significance in the smaller, more basic library.

The installer that delivers the smaller library, however, also provides some template and styles for Premiere and Encore, including, for Encore, the templates for Encore to Flash. So I recommend doing both.

In any event, once you add a menu to your project, it is completely independent of the library.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:15:34 pm

Thanks so much.... I'll load the new one over old one then!

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Oct 14, 2013 at 1:20:04 pm

Yes... Worked like a charm!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]