FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD to DVD transcode settings

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Burkhardt
AVCHD to DVD transcode settings
on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:02:54 pm

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm trying to take AVCHD files of a football game I shot and put them to a DVD. I'm using Adobe Encore CS 5.1 and I know I can use the automatic transcode settings to bring the HD footage down to 720 for DVDs. However I was just wondering what's the best way, if any, to get the best quality. Should I just use the automatic settings? Transcode the files to MPEG-2 DVD in PPro? Maybe a third party application?
Any input is appreciated, as I was told it's better to shoot in HD and make DVDs from that instead of shooting in regular SD and making DVDs.

Jamie

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: AVCHD to DVD transcode settings
on Oct 7, 2013 at 5:31:24 am

jamie,
in general it´s better to shoot in HD then SD, but to answer your questions accoring to bitrate for DVD - it´s a little bit difficult to tell you any setting, as it is depending on the duration of your film and the numbers of your audio-streams.

SD is 720x480 (NTSC), or 720x576 (PAL)

you can use any DVD-complient encoder to create MPEG2 for DVD. what´s your budget?!

try using different ones on some test-clips and find out what would be best for you.

I would say - try CCE (cinecraft encoder).... if you would like to have briliant results.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]