FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore CS6 Problems with PlayStation 3 and other blu-ray players

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bertrand Lassallette-Desnault
Adobe Encore CS6 Problems with PlayStation 3 and other blu-ray players
on Oct 2, 2013 at 6:09:05 pm

Hello,

I'm pretty new at Blu-ray authoring, and I'm struggling with my Blu-ray discs.
I've edited a video in Final Cut Pro X and exported the video as h.264 for Blu-ray and the audio as Dolby AC3.
In Encore, I've authored the video, chapters, links, the lot....
Then to burn the Blu-ray, I got to Built, Select Format: Blu-ray, Output: Blu-ray Disc, Source: Current Project, Destination: TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB (Firmware TS00),and then Disc Info, Size 25GB, Image Type: BD-R.

Encore burns the Blu-ray, says its successful...

But when I try to play the Blu-ray in my Playstation 3, the disc does't show at all....
When I mount the Blu-ray on my Mac, I can see the Disc and the 2 files within the disc (BDMV and CERTIFICATE), byt yet, it's still not playing with Blu-Ray Player (the software).

Am I missing something???

I feel like the disc is not finalised properly.

I disc and export as .iso and Blu-ray Folder, burned Blu-ray discs using Toast 11, same problem... Burned another disc with Disc Utility, same problem...

I need help please!!!!

I'm using a MacBook Pro i7....

Thank you......

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Adobe Encore CS6 Problems with PlayStation 3 and other blu-ray players
on Oct 7, 2013 at 5:23:51 am

Hi Bert,
first of all - sounds like you did it all right, so lets do a chross-check.

what will happen, if you try burning a BD from within FCP X? will THIS disc be played within your player?

I would not create a disc-image or burn from within encore, I would use toast to burn the blu-ray using the "burn from HDMV"-option.

these two files normally would be 2 folder:

1. BDMV
2. Certificates

you´ll find some more folders+files within the BDMV-folder and some files within Certificates.

both folders (and their content) are necessary for BD-playback.

according to software-playback on mac: there is no certified BD-player available for it. it´s only available for windows!

what kind of media you are using? I would advice only to use high quality media liek tajo yuden or verbatim.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bertrand Lassallette-Desnault
Re: Adobe Encore CS6 Problems with PlayStation 3 and other blu-ray players
on Oct 9, 2013 at 11:36:23 am

Hello Danny,

I'm using VERBATIM single layer BD-R, VERBATIM single layer BD-RE and PiData dual layer BD-R.
I was wondering if there was a compatibility problem between my Blu-ray burner and the discs...
So I bought the Pioneer BDR-208EBK which burns BD-R, BD-RE AND BDXL....
I'm not sure if this will solve the problem.
I'm waiting for the new burner to arrive.

To watch Blu-ray discs on my Mac, I'm using "Blu-ray Player" which works very well with Blu-ray films bought at my local video store.

Once I've created and check the blu-ray disc in Adobe Encore, Should I export it in a BD folder and then burn the 2 files (BDMV and CERTIFICATES) with Toast?
I've tried it and it's not working either... My PS3 doesn't mount the disc at all....

Is there any other ways to make it work?

Thank you.

Bertrand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]