FORUMS: list search recent posts

burning HD .iso (blu ray) to normal DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Gjertsen
burning HD .iso (blu ray) to normal DVD
on Sep 29, 2013 at 10:28:01 pm

I thought I understood from other forums that it was possible to put HD footage onto a normal 4.9Gb DVD by creating a Blu Ray image build in Encore CS6 and then using ImgBurn to burn the image to the disc.

And the resulting disc is supposed to be AVCHD and play in most Blu Ray players?

My test project just consists of a simple menu and a timeline with 1 minute of 1080p footage. The footage began as a .mov, but Encore transcoded it for Blu Ray using the default settings. When I burn this to a disc with ImgBurn, my Blu Ray player tries to read the disc, and then immediately stops and returns to the menu of the player (not the disc menu). Building the same project as Flash produces exactly what I hoped to see on the disc.

I know my player can play AVCHD discs because I have burned the Despecialized Star Wars trilogy from .iso files I downloaded from Torrent and they play back correctly.

Is there some setting or piece of the puzzle I'm missing to get HD footage onto a 4.9Gb DVD? I understand I'm constrained by the bit depth and size of the project, but at this point I haven't found the setting in ImgBurn or in Encore that makes the disc readable at all.

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]