FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting VHS files to Bluray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Matthews
Converting VHS files to Bluray
on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:04:16 am

About 7 years ago I converted about 20 VHS videos to DVD via Encore. I've been away from the program for a while, but was contemplating ingesting the premier sequences into Encore and burning them to Bluray discs. This has nothing to do with image quality, but rather being able to fit more content on a single disc. I tooled around with it briefly, but found that I was limited to roughly 3.5 hours of footage. I checked my bitrate settings for a bluray disc and it was set to 15mbps. The only other options offered were greater than 15mbps. Seems a little high for VHS quality. Is there a way to override the bitrate in Encore? More to the point, is this even a valid concept (fitting more footage on a Bluray)?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Converting VHS files to Bluray
on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:21:07 pm

I don't use Encore but I can tell you that BD accepts DVD compliant MPEG streams. You should be able to get a good 7-8 hrs of info on there

Return to posts index

David Matthews
on Sep 26, 2013 at 1:14:59 am

Thanks for validating the theory, now to figure out how to make it happen. I'll continue to explore options, but I'm hoping it's a simple solution that I'm just overlooking.

Return to posts index

Johnny Tintor
on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:27:31 pm

Export the premier sequences as mpeg2 dvd @ 6 or 7 mbps, then import the m2v/wav files (as timeline) into encore. You'll be able to fit much more footage on a BD disc with these settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]