FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to Transcode - Encore Issues (Time Sensitive)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Thompson
Unable to Transcode - Encore Issues (Time Sensitive)
on Sep 8, 2013 at 9:36:57 pm

Hello,

I am running out of time with this project. I'm supposed to deliver it in a few hours and it isn't coming together.

I used encore CS4 to create 3 DVD projects all using Adobe Dynamic Link from Premiere Pro for their main timeline. It all worked fine up to now, it built DVD Images, Folders and DVDs. I thought I was finished until I previewed it and wasn't happy with the quality. So I went into Premiere Pro CS4 and Interpreted all the raw footage to Lower Field First, I was pretty sure that would help. But once I try to burn another DVD, Encore just would no longer transcode that timeline. The yellow bar went up very little almost instantly, and stays there without showing any percentage until the program is either crashed (which seems to be too easy to do with one click with these programs these days) or - as it happened twice now - come up with a message saying "Encode Error".

Most of the time I cannot open the Encore project now because it stays at 8 or 9 or 10 percent for too long.

What is wrong? It was all fine up to this morning! And all of a sudden it can't do anything.

Can anyone please help me?

P.S. I am still trying and one of the encore timelines is now loading the bottom bar, but at an incredibly slow pace. No percentage or anything. If it does keep going, it might not be finished tonight! It's only 11 minutes long!

I really don't know what to do.
Any guidence would be much apreciated.
-Evan

*Windows 7 64 bit

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Unable to Transcode - Encore Issues (Time Sensitive)
on Sep 9, 2013 at 12:12:49 am

With a deadline, I worry about anything I could recommend. But it sounds like you are dead in the water...

You did "revert to original" for the changed sequence, right? It sounds like Encore is trying to process, but then you seem to be saying that it is choking on opening. If you changed assets with the same name, Encore may have gotten too messed up to recover. (Corrupt project.)

Is the source HD (being downrezzed to SD) or SD? If HD to SD, abandon dynamic link (you weren't happy with the quality), export from Premiere/AME as MPEG2-DVD, and create a new Encore project with a new name. YOu can import "as menu" the menus from the old folders, and perhaps any motion for the menus, but nothing else.

In between step is to delete the Encore caches. You can close Encore and Premiere and clean the media cache, but that is too often not enough. It does not hurt to try.

Any of those options takes time to recreate, but that is the deal.

Look here for project issues:

Troubleshoot damaged projects in Encore on Windows
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406006.html

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Evan Thompson
Re: Unable to Transcode - Encore Issues
on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:40:08 am

Thank you for your response Stan Jones.
The DVDs I had gotten out before then were "good enough" and I was trying to get the best I could. So what I had was what I had to go with. So I did have something to show for the deadline. So the heat is down quite a bit. I guess I have to get used to getting disappointing in the quality at the end of every project.

Yes, I reverted to original so that it would reflect the quality changes.
The source is SD.
I did re-install Premiere and Encore but that didn't seem to work.

I am getting indications that interpreting footage can make for a long intense render, so I am discovering. So I believe that interpreting the footage to lower fields first probably got things worked up, but I don't know for sure. The projects are opening sometimes, but it isn't efficient.

So if interpreting the footage in premiere was the cause for all this slowness then I'd have to put it back, which I did but have yet to experience reversed results.
Do you have any idea how to change the encore project quality settings to higher field first, or why I can't change the field order? It's always grayed out in the settings. Being able to change that would help the quality I believe.

If I have to make changes then I'll have to deal with it, but otherwise it seams to have messed itself up a bit.
I just hate it when these programs act up. (They crash way too easily, even upon switching applications, and I don't know if that's common or not.)
Sorry for sounding rushed at all, I was starting to panic.
Thank you for your advice.
-Evan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]