FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a DVD Style menu but to play on a media player?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Green
Creating a DVD Style menu but to play on a media player?
on Sep 4, 2013 at 5:48:47 pm

This may be a really dumb question, I've done a quick search online but struggling for a solution/direction? This is a very low budget project but something I'm interested in for the future.

Task:

1. I need to create a menu system to play on a media player connected to a HD TV. As it's likely more reliable, less time consuming to make and more portable than DVD (including the player itself). Basically, to have a kind of kiosk stand and selecting the chapters

2. I still need to be able to have a menu/chapter system to access the media I have created. Basically, same as a DVD but playing a file on a Media Player connected via HDMI to any widescreen HD TV.

I've found players like 'WD Live HD' that plays a broad range of files like TS files etc, so know accessing some ripped DVD's menus using the media player's remote MAY be possible? But I want to create everything from scratch, for the use described.

Notes:

a. I'm creating projects in Final Cut Pro x/Motion and can use Encore (now that DVD Studio Pro is dead). I have Compressor too.

b. I'm not too clued up about compression, but I ideally want to export out of FCPX in the best quality. I also know that Encore outputs BlueRay and can save out as a folder, but not sure how this works from the standpoint of how the media player would treat it? In fact, if I displayed text, it would be much better if could do as blue ray?

It seems like a weird void area because DVD is slowly dying, whilst I have the need to continue having that same experince of the cool menu/chapter system?

Apologies that it's a bit of a messy question! Maybe someone could point me in the right direction/workflows? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Creating a DVD Style menu but to play on a media player?
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:24:59 pm

Try the Encore export to flash build. You can use their templates or create your own. It added functionality and flexibility at each version, so CS6 maximizes your options.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]