FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can ENCORE CS6 Really read Source Timecode Properly?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Wheeler
Can ENCORE CS6 Really read Source Timecode Properly?
on Aug 13, 2013 at 2:58:26 pm

I am totally new to Encore, so forgive my ignorance. I got into it to be able to create Blu-Ray, and now having had some rather serious problems with DVD Studio Pro I am considering moving to it for DVD for quite a few reasons. Despite being EOL now, it's quite a bit more current than the aged DVDSP.

Here is what I am having trouble with. Our show uses captioning via .SCC files, which I know, work well in Encore. All of our past shows and present shows have timecodes that start at 01:00:00;00, and the SCC file reflects this. In DVD Studio Pro, I simply offset the starting timecode to 01:00:00;00 in the encode preferences, and it worked well.

In Encore, using the same files we have used in DVDSP prior to encoding to MPEG2, I cannot get Encore to read the embedded timecode. DVD Studio never needed to read the TC, as the offset fixed this. Encore says it can, but I have yet to see it actually do so, at least in SD. The files are simple ProRes QT files in 720 X 486, and QT player sees the embedded timecode. So I know it's really there.

When I load it into Encore, and bring it to a timeline, the source timecode shows 00:00:00;00 and there doesn't appear to be any preference to tell it otherwise. Oddly, on my Blu-Ray project, it seemed to be able to read timecode embedded in the HD 1080p ProRes QT files I used. The Source TC has the proper 01 starting on that one!

Is there an offset option, or something I can do to get Encore to see the timecode? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Can ENCORE CS6 Really read Source Timecode Properly?
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:23:25 pm

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WSbaf9cd7d26a2eabfe807401038582...

Maybe this link will help?

In DVDSP defense, it's light years beyond what Encore is capable of without all the bugs. ;)

Return to posts index

Larry Wheeler
Re: Can ENCORE CS6 Really read Source Timecode Properly?
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:27:58 pm

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE DVDSP, and have been using it for years. In light of this problem I am inclined to agree with you! However, there are things I love about Encore. Primarily the ability to create DVD and Blu-Ray from the same project is pretty nice, and needed.

Thanks for the link, I will read it and hope to solve the problem!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]