FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button Highlights appear in wrong location

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
Button Highlights appear in wrong location
on Jul 17, 2013 at 4:32:37 pm

Creating a Blu Ray disc and have encountered problem I can't explain. When pLaying back my disc, button highlights for "Play All" and "Select Performances" as well as all other button highlights don't appear in correct location. Menu was created in Photoshop and highlights appear in correct location there. On burned disc they don't line up at all! Can't explain what happened. Trying to finish a project and offered for the first time (!) Blu Ray version of the event. Now I'm concerned I won't be able to deliver and will have to contact customers with bad news. Any suggestions how I can correct this issue and "save face?"

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Button Highlights appear in wrong location
on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:32:06 pm

Did you create the menu and overlay files at 1920x1080 pixels at 72dpi? Most problems like this result from the menu amd/or overlay being created at the wrong size.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:41:51 pm

Menus created in Photoshop CS6 are 1280 X 720 pixels with a resolution of 72. I selected that image size to match my source video which is 1280 X 720. Completely baffled why button highlights would appear where they do on burned Blu Ray disc! They are correctly located in Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Jul 17, 2013 at 10:12:18 pm

Keith,

The ability to create a 720P Blu-ray is uncommon in the inexpensive Blu-ray authoring apps. I suspect your assets are being transcoded to 1080i upon building the project, and that would explain the mismatch you see. Encore can scale the menu but not the overlay.

Try giving Encore a 1920x1080 version of the menu.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jul 18, 2013 at 12:58:27 pm

Thanks! Looks like that worked. Just used Edit - Edit menu in Photoshop to change pixel dimensions. The only problem now is my button highlights appear with a different color than I originally choose in Photoshop. Any idea what may be causing that?

Return to posts index

Jazmyn Whitman
on Aug 14, 2014 at 6:04:04 pm

Hello,

I'm still having an issue with the highlight placement. I edited the menu in Photoshop this whole time and just double checked the dimensions and they are 1920 x 1080. Is there anything else that might fix this? The highlights are getting cutting off within the text bounding box and when I try to move it it "glitches" and auto converts to an object.

I'm not working with blue ray I'm working with a regular DVD in Encore CS6.

Please help!

Jazmyn Marie W.
http://www.animejaz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]