FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media pending message In Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
Media pending message In Encore CS6
on Jul 6, 2013 at 12:17:30 am

Trying to burn Blu Ray DVD with Encore CS6 and after importing my timeline receive "media pending" message whenever attempting to play timeline or even Preview. Have used Encore for years and have never encountered this before. Any suggestions? I can drag through the timeline and see the media but it won't play at all. Next step is I want to add Chapter markers and Chapter playlists in Encore but if I can't hear audio then I can't locate markers properly. What a complete breakdown of my workflow! Help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Media pending message In Encore CS6
on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:32:12 pm

Welcome to Adobe Dynamic Link! I'd recommend just exporting your assets from Premiere using the Adobe Media Encoder, then all you need to do in Encore is author, no transcoding.

Of course, consult a bitrate calculator to make sure the rendered files will fit on the DVD or Blu-ray disc, or Encore would need to transcode anyway.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:49:16 pm

Unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it my editing app of choice is Final Cut X. I've read that Apple Compressor does a better job of compressing files compared to Adobe Media Encoder. Encore is my authoring app because of its seamless integration with Photoshop for menu creation. Do you think I might get better results with Adobe Media Encoder?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:57:33 pm

Hi Keith,

Not a Mac user, but please clarify "import timeline to Encore" - how are you getting the media from FCP to Encore? Did you already create the H.264 content in Compressor? If you can walk us through the workflow, someone may have a fix for you. And you said "Blu-ray DVD" - is it Blu-ray, or DVD? Entirely different subjects.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Jul 16, 2013 at 3:57:27 pm

Forgot my original post was regarding Blu Ray! In process of creating std def and Blu ray versions of a live event. I did successfully burn a Blu Ray disc in Encore. However that video file was a current settings 1280 X 720 QT movie I exported from FCP and not a H.264 file I had created in Compressor. I made a special note of that and while I was pleased I had created a Blu Ray disc I was stumped that the H.264 file did not work. Can't recall what message in Encore appeared regarding H.264 file.

Regarding how I got my media/video file into Encore - I used "File - Import as - Timeline"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]