FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamic link from Premiere to encore does not load monitor window with timeline, No dvd can be made...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Klein
Dynamic link from Premiere to encore does not load monitor window with timeline, No dvd can be made...
on Jun 15, 2013 at 6:47:32 pm

It worked yesterday... This may be a little long so I apologize... I am creating a demo of one minute commercials I have produced. I was copying each time line then loading them on one new timeline in a new project. When I did the compilation this way it would allow encore to produce a dvd... The problem compiling in this manner did not bring any of the dissolves and transitions that were used in the original time line to the new peoject. So I would re enter them before linking to Encore.

There are to many spots to do that now so I spoke with someone and was directed to import the timeline into a new project.

I brought in the video, audio, fx and everything it was supposed to. It was 'White" colored on the timeline.

When sent to Encore I got a message "error loading transcode preset"and the timeline was in the project window but did not appear in the monitor window where I used to see it come up to select the range... Since it is not there I can't select anything.

I have mixed the import time line (I brought in the video, audio, fx and everything it was supposed to. It was 'White" colored on the timeline and just showed 1 video and audio track with all the fx etc) into the new Premiere Project with an existing regular timeline that was brought in in its entirety the way described above with out dissolves, etc...

Did the mix cause the problem?

I will go back and try it with out mixing sources...

Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and Encore cs 5 that came with it...

Any insight into this would be welcome as I have no solution presently...

Sincerely

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 on a IMAC 27, Intel core i5 2.7 GHz, 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3... MAC OSX 10.6.8 I have a 2 2 Terabyte external drives also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruce

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Dynamic link from Premiere to encore does not load monitor window with timeline, No dvd can be made...
on Jun 15, 2013 at 8:08:20 pm

You can put multiple videos (and dynamic links) on one Encore timeline, but I think it is asking for trouble. Put each video (and dynamic link sequence) from Premiere) onto its own timeline. Make a Play All by putting them into a Playlist.

BUT I don't understand what you are doing when you talk about transitions. So I assume you are actually trying to get one video with short clips connected by transitions. Make that one movie in Premiere and dynamic link it to Encore (or from Encore).

Start a new Encore project for that timeline.

If that is what you already did, and something seems broken, that is possible, but we need more info to sort it.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]