FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can a pop up menu start on the screen when disc plays?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Collins
Can a pop up menu start on the screen when disc plays?
on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:26:31 pm

I have been working with Encore for several years now, but this is my first attempt at making a Blu-Ray pop up menu. I created a one minute opening movie and assigned the pop up menu to that and all the other movie assets in the project. I got the menu in and the links all work and when I press the title pop up button the menu comes up. However, when I put the disc in the player, the opening movie plays but the pop up menu is not visible until I press the pop up menu button.

So my question is, is it possible to have the disc start with a pop up menu already visible, or do I need to have a traditional menu built in that looks like the pop up menu and then have the pop up menu there as well?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Can a pop up menu start on the screen when disc plays?
on Jun 11, 2013 at 4:56:49 pm

A pop-up menu is activated using the menu button on the Blu-ray player remote. If you were working in a spec-authoring app, you could write programming to force the pop-up menu to display at the beginning of playback, but Encore does not allow for custom programming.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Adam Collins
on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:59:15 pm

While that is disappointing to hear, I don't know programming so I doubt having that feature would help me out anyway. Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 14, 2013 at 12:15:43 pm

Adam,
you might have a look at DVD Logics EasyBD Suite. It´s very easy to create BDs with it, and you´ve got a lot more possibilities than within adobe encore.

http://www.dvd-logic.com/easybd/

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]