FORUMS: list search recent posts

is there Batch Transcoding in Encore CS6??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Wright
is there Batch Transcoding in Encore CS6??
on Jun 10, 2013 at 4:46:38 pm

Hi. I'm running the CS6 Master Collection and have about a dozen sequences in Premiere that I've begun to transcode & burn to DVD one at a time using "Adobe Dynamic Link > Send to Encore" in Premiere. This process is very slow (taking 1.5 hrs per sequence) and I'd like to do a batch transcode overnight. Is this possible, or do I need to use Adobe Media Encoder?

If I need to use the Media Encoder for batch transcoding, is there a preset in media encoder that's optimal for 1-sided DVD authoring in Encore?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: is there Batch Transcoding in Encore CS6??
on Jun 10, 2013 at 5:29:09 pm

No batch for multiple DVDs, but a single DVD is no problem.

You can add multiple sequences to an Encore project from the Encore side: in Encore, File -> Adobe Dynamic Link.

Keep each set to "automatic" transcode. Do all menu, etc, authoring. Encore will then fill the disk.

I set Encore to use AME for the transcoding. Go to "Edit -> Preferences -> General.

Sometimes it doesn't get it right, most often with downrezzing HD to SD for DVD. But give it a try.

If you can't use automatic, from Premiere, just set each export to "queue" rather than "export." It will line them up in AME. Start it running, and it will do them all.

You can also use that if you are doing one sequence per DVD.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jun 10, 2013 at 5:36:47 pm

I should have been more specific. With a dozen sequences, each one will have it's own DVD. So if there's no batch transcode in encore, I suppose I need to try the Media Encoder forum, unless anyone here can provide me with optimal settings in media encoder for my sequences to each be transcoded for their own separate DVDs.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jun 10, 2013 at 5:54:41 pm

For DVD, since it will be MPEG2, just use the MPEG2-DVD preset.

The problem is that it is all about bitrate, and that depends on other content on the DVD and the content length.

If it is short, you can just use CBR (constant bitrate) at a high level.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Phil Lochner
on Jun 10, 2013 at 9:43:57 pm

My workflow for a similar task (which Stan also helped me sort out the past week):

Each Sequence, push Make Movie, and choose your MPG2-DVD preset. Give it a file name. As per Stan and other's advice, I now export demuxed as .m2v (and .wav) files. Anyway, instead of hitting Export, hit Queue. This will queue them all up in Media Encoder. Load the next Sequence up and Queue it up, and build up a 12 sequence Media Encoder queue.

Let Media Encoder crank away all night on your 12 sequences. You're left with 12 .m2v files and 12 .wav files.

Load up Encore, create one DVD at a time as per normal Encore workflow. Drag each .m2v file onto a timeline and drag the corresponding .wav file under it. Add chapters, make a menu, whatever else you need to do. You're probably exporting to ISO files so you can physically burn them later. Since you already have proper MPG2 .m2v files, Encore won't need to re-encode the video, which is what takes all the time.

When you hit that Build button in Encore, if you don't have any menus to render, it'll only take a couple of minutes per DVD, as it still has to re-encode the audio file and then to physically write out the ISO. Instead of 90 minutes per Encode Build, you'll wait probably 2 or 3 minutes. Of course if you have motion menus and whatnot to render, Encore will have to create and encode them.

However, to specifically answer your question, as far as I know, you can't Queue up Encore files in Media Encoder. So if you have a ton of complicated motion menus you will have to wait for Encore to Build them one at a time, and this can be time consuming. Personally as I wrote above, I just export the MPG2 files from Premiere and that saves me a ton of time as I can queue them up in Media Encoder and then Encore doesn't have to do any of the heavy lifting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]