FORUMS: list search recent posts

menu not updating in Encore when save psd menu in photoshop Deadline Tomorrow

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Krause
menu not updating in Encore when save psd menu in photoshop Deadline Tomorrow
on Jun 8, 2013 at 6:30:23 pm

I'd created an ecore project in adobe encore CS5.5 and have been right clicking and opening menus in photoshop CS6, saving then they'll update to the most recent corrected version of the psd file I'm working in. it's been working fine the last couple days. I haven't done anything differently. I edited a menu in photoshop, saved it...expecting encore to update but it doesn't. But I noticed when I go to the menu file folder the updated version is visible however when I import this (what appears to be) an updated menu it imports as the original version I was working on. I've tried selecting this menu in encore and updating it in photoshop but when I do it's open in photoshop as the current version already.... the one I WANT to be in encore. I save it, reopen encore, but it's not updating.

Also my deadline for his project is tomorrow! I have all the pages created...expect this one. I'll work on importing the rest of the assets in the mean time. Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: menu not updating in Encore when save psd menu in photoshop Deadline Tomorrow
on Jun 8, 2013 at 8:56:53 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by:

"when I do it's open in photoshop as the current version already...."

Are you closing the menu in Photoshop?

In any event, make sure you close the menu in photoshop before switching back to Encore. If that doesn't work, try saving it 3 times in Photoshop before switching. (I never had this problem, but I know this was an issue for some users, and that fixes it.) If that doesn't work, quit everything, restart your computer, and see which menu appears when you reopen.

I worry that your project is corrupt. Not really any way I know of to fix that for menus. Any motion in this menu?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Heather Krause
Re: menu not updating in Encore when save psd menu in photoshop Deadline Tomorrow
on Jun 9, 2013 at 12:21:45 am

What I meant by that was... I have a menu I'm working on in photoshop then I save it. Maximize encore (I don't close each program I just bounce back and forth) and my menu in encore has been updated to the one in photoshop....this is what was happening until I got to my last menu then I'd edit the menu in photoshop, save, maximize encore but it wouldn't change to the psd version. However if I would search for this psd file I'd find that it would still look like the version I'd edited in PS but then I'd import that same menu and it would pop up in encore as the original menu design not the psd I'd edited together.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jun 9, 2013 at 1:22:00 am

[Heather Krause] "then I'd import that same menu and it would pop up in encore as the original menu design not the psd I'd edited together"

Copy that file (might as well be to a location outside the Encore project folder), then rename it, then import it as menu. It is changed then, right?

Did you try what I suggested?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Heather Krause
on Jun 9, 2013 at 3:23:38 am

Just got your response I will try that now. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Heather Krause
on Jun 9, 2013 at 3:42:28 am

[Stan Jones] "
Copy that file (might as well be to a location outside the Encore project folder), then rename it, then import it as menu. It is changed then, right?"

i tried this and it worked thank you. I'm now reading up on that link you included about motion menus

Return to posts index

Heather Krause
on Jun 9, 2013 at 8:18:00 am

Your suggestion of copy pasting and renaming worked. I have another question how can I bring in my resume? I understand it has to be a psd file to work in encore, if I bring a pdf file into PS and save it as a psd would that work do you think?

Return to posts index

Heather Krause
on Jun 9, 2013 at 12:29:36 am

What I meant by that was... I have a menu I'm working on in photoshop then I save it. Maximize encore (I don't close each program I just bounce back and forth) and my menu in encore has been updated to the one in photoshop....this is what was happening until I got to my last menu then I'd edit the menu in photoshop, save, maximize encore but it wouldn't change to the psd version. However if I would search for this psd file

and there will be motion. On the home page I have still image of the video that they will be watching "trailer" they click the image I icon and are brought to a page with two images (that I'd like to have them play in the "dropzone") that I'd like to play when clicked but for now when you click the video the video play full screen seperate from the menu then goes back to the trailer menu when it's done.... Do you have any thoughts on how to make a motion menu or a video play within the menu (then they click this motion thumbnail and it goes to a full screen video)

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jun 9, 2013 at 1:25:26 am

[Heather Krause] "Do you have any thoughts on how to make a motion menu or a video play within the menu (then they click this motion thumbnail and it goes to a full screen video)"

Read up on video thumbnails. The video playing in the thumbnail must be from the timeline you link to.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS4BCC1FEA-7C18-4ba2-9AFA-F3717...

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]