FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Encode failed" error message appearing when trying to "Build" a DVD with Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amar Salgia
"Encode failed" error message appearing when trying to "Build" a DVD with Encore CS4
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:02:19 am

Dear Creative Colleagues,

I have a 17 minute video file in mp4 format which is in 1280 x 720 resolution. I am trying to create a very simple DVD with only this video on it, using Encore CS4. I have "checked" the project in the "Build" menu, and there are no issues with it. Everything appears to be fine in the Encore file itself.

However, when I try to "Build" the project by pressing the "Build" button, I get the error message of "Encode failed", and "Transcode failed". I reinstalled Encore on my PC, and the error message continues to appear and the Build keeps failing. As an experiment, I tried creating another DVD out of another video (in Quicktime format) that I have in SD (640 x 480), and with it there appears to be NO problem with the transcoding at all.

I just don't understand why the other file which is getting the error message. Does Encore not like the higher resolution, or the fact that it's and mp4 file?

Your insight and expertise is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Amar

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: "Encode failed" error message appearing when trying to "Build" a DVD with Encore CS4
on Jun 4, 2013 at 3:16:33 pm

Amar,
720p-material is worst case for DVD if it has 50 or 60fps. second failure is to use MP4-files as encore-input for DVD. if your source is 720p25 or 720p30 it´s a bit more easy.

you should export your film as nearly uncompressed quicktime- or avi-format, like apple pro res (MAC ONLY) or avid DNX HD (you need to install the component from avid).

then encode this using adobe media encoder to MPEG2- SD and dolby AC3-files.

these once could easily be used for DVD-authoring.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Amar Salgia
Re: "Encode failed" error message appearing when trying to "Build" a DVD with Encore CS4
on Jun 5, 2013 at 4:41:42 am

Thanks very much, Danny.

Amar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]